Platforms to List Rental Property

Platforms to List Rental Property

Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 7 votes

Hello,

Any advice on what platforms to list rental properties? I've been using apartments.com but thinking of branching out to other websites. Criteria below:

- Website should be free to list property. I'm fine with creating individual listings on multiple Sites. 

- Looking to get my property on multiple websites so I have better reach (without paying premium)

Also, is Zillow Rental Manager free to list/advertise your property for rent if you do not upgrade to premium? I'm seeing that it is $29.99 for 3 months for premium but wondering if I can list my property for rent for free without the benefits of premium.


Feel free to list what you use and why you like/dislike it.


Thanks in advance :)

1Reply
238 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
2y

You can still list you property free on zillow and they'll give you an option to upgrade to premium. They list to zillow, trulia and hotpads. I seem to get the best response from zillow.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 61 votes
    2y

    My other favorites to market:

    1. Craigslist: still great for leads.

    2. Facebook housing marketplace: also great for leads. 

    3. Zumper.com: better for mid-term rentals I think but still good. 

  • Nick DiFinzioPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jill Keller:

    Hello,

    Any advice on what platforms to list rental properties? I've been using apartments.com but thinking of branching out to other websites. Criteria below:

    - Website should be free to list property. I'm fine with creating individual listings on multiple Sites. 

    - Looking to get my property on multiple websites so I have better reach (without paying premium)

    Also, is Zillow Rental Manager free to list/advertise your property for rent if you do not upgrade to premium? I'm seeing that it is $29.99 for 3 months for premium but wondering if I can list my property for rent for free without the benefits of premium.


    Feel free to list what you use and why you like/dislike it.


    Thanks in advance :)


     Hey Jill! I used Zillow rental manager about 3 months ago to list a property, it was totally free for the property owner to list and receive applications. I thought it was a great user-friendly platform. Maybe they charge a fee now for the service? I would double check though!

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    You can still list you property free on zillow and they'll give you an option to upgrade to premium. They list to zillow, trulia and hotpads. I seem to get the best response from zillow.

  • Lender · Bloomington, IN · Member since 2023 · 77 posts · 29 votes
    2y

    Hi Jill,

    Search Facebook for properties for rent groups in your area. I also see a lot of investors post in general Facebook groups designated for a specific city or county and have success finding renters. Good luck!

    Staci

  • Rental Property Investor · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 122 votes
    2y

    Hi! I use Zillow (you can list for free) and also TurboTenant since I use TT for my rent collection and applications. They also have a listing feature and a pre-screener, which is super helpful! If you use Facebook, you get the benefit of seeing their social media accounts but they get the same benefit of seeing yours since FB just did away with the ability for company accounts to post housing. I like separation between my tenants and my personal life so I wouldn't want them seeing my personal page BUT I've heard creating a secondary account without your personal info to list properties has been effective. 

  • Tracy StreichPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma · Member since 2017 · 868 posts · 801 votes
    2y

    @Jill Keller. If you just have one house Zillow is free.  You can pay to do the premium and have it show up higher.   I am not sure why free always seems to be the issue on these request.  Zillow gets more views than all the others combined.  Pay the premium, fill the vacancy and think of all the money you saved doing it yourself.   Good Luck!

  • Ben ScottPro Member
    Property Manager · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2019 · 577 posts · 351 votes
    2y

    Zillow still provides the most visibility and you can list for free without upgrading to premium. FB marketplace has been less successful in my experience. Lots of tire kickers.

  • Nathan MillerPro Member
    Property Manager · Grants Pass, OR · Member since 2009 · 429 posts · 201 votes
    2y

    A few options i haven't seen mentioned that are also good.  Tenant Turner, ShowMojo, and Rental Beast.  These all syndicate to the major listing sites in addition to their core purpose.  But actually the least expensive way to accomplish it is to use a property management software, like Rentec or any of the others, which will syndicate your data to all the listing sites.  Enter your property data once and it gets automatically replicated to all the major sites plus get all the benefits of the management software.

  • Max C MooreBusiness Member
    Realtor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    I have used rentredi in the past & was pretty satisfied with the self management tools. It also helped syndicate the rental listing. If you are a BP pro member I believe you get the platform for free too

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.