Experiencing Communication Issues with RPM Indy in Indianapolis – Seeking Advice!

Experiencing Communication Issues with RPM Indy in Indianapolis – Seeking Advice!

Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hello, BiggerPockets community,

I own a property in Indianapolis and have been using Real Property Management Indianapolis (RPM Indy) for property management. My experience has been frustrating, particularly with their lack of communication. Despite multiple attempts to contact them via email and phone without success, my concerns have grown. The owner portal is limited; I can download my 1099 but not view detailed expenses.

A significant issue arose recently when I explicitly documented a request for them to consult me before any tenant lease renewals. Unfortunately, they renewed a lease without involving me or informing me, which has added to my concerns.

I am reaching out to see if anyone has faced similar issues with RPM Indy or if you have suggestions on how to address this lack of communication. 

This is a franchise and I reached out to the home company in the past and was told it was a franchisee issue and not theirs. 

Based on my research, it seems this company is owned by Larry Anderson.


0Reply
51 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    UPDATE: Website for this company - 

    Indianapolis Property Management | RPM Indy Metro

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Try sending a registered letter terminating their services unless you hear from them within 5 days.

    Logical Property Management4.9453 Reviews
  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Christopher Buford I am sorry to hear you are dealing with a frustrating experience. I would recommend reviewing the property management agreement. Most focus on the fees and management rates but the most critical part of any PM agreement is the authorized agency that's created to act on your behalf and there may have been protocols that have to be followed in order to supersede what's in the agency agreement. The PM agreement should lay this all out clearly. As for the communication and lack of records, there's no excuse for that. I have always found the best PM companies are good communicators (both with the owner as well as tenants) & have good bookkeeping capabilities. 

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    The #1 complaint about real estate agents and property managers is lack of communication. Although, this does not solve your problem, you are not alone. I suggest reading your PM agreement to see what it says about cancelation. I would then contact anyone and everyone at the location armed with that info. It is inexcusable to not communicate with an owner in a timely manner. Our standard is 24 hrs or less, not including weekends.

  • Nick GiulioniPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 615 votes
    2y

    Sounds like it's time for a move. There ARE good PMs in Indy. Feel free to reach out and I will give you the list. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.