Hello Cleveland Real Estate Professionals,
I'm an out of state investor whose looking for a property manager in Cleveland, Ohio! I'm close to getting my property ready for rent and am in need of a property manager who is reliable, great at communication, and values my time and business! Any recommendations will be helpful, thank you!
Happy to help, David. I work with a network of reliable property managers in Cleveland who are experienced with out-of-state investors and understand the importance of clear communication and keeping your time valued. I’d be happy to share my referrals so you can connect with the right fit for your property.
Happy to help, David. I work with a network of reliable property managers in Cleveland who are experienced with out-of-state investors and understand the importance of clear communication and keeping your time valued. I’d be happy to share my referrals so you can connect with the right fit for your property.
Happy to help, David. I work with a network of reliable property managers in Cleveland who are experienced with out-of-state investors and understand the importance of clear communication and keeping your time valued. I’d be happy to share my referrals so you can connect with the right fit for your property.
I would really appreciate that thank you! That's great to hear!
Happy to help, David. I work with a network of reliable property managers in Cleveland who are experienced with out-of-state investors and understand the importance of clear communication and keeping your time valued. I’d be happy to share my referrals so you can connect with the right fit for your property.
Hello Cleveland Real Estate Professionals,
I'm an out of state investor whose looking for a property manager in Cleveland, Ohio! I'm close to getting my property ready for rent and am in need of a property manager who is reliable, great at communication, and values my time and business! Any recommendations will be helpful, thank you!
I can send you some referrals
Hello Cleveland Real Estate Professionals,
I'm an out of state investor whose looking for a property manager in Cleveland, Ohio! I'm close to getting my property ready for rent and am in need of a property manager who is reliable, great at communication, and values my time and business! Any recommendations will be helpful, thank you!
I can send you some referrals
I use Andrew Weiner at Realty Now Property Management. Have been happy with the service he provides. Best of luck to you!
Uri
I use Andrew Weiner at Realty Now Property Management. Have been happy with the service he provides. Best of luck to you!
Uri
I was looking into hiring them. Can you tell me more?
Hello Cleveland Real Estate Professionals,
I'm an out of state investor whose looking for a property manager in Cleveland, Ohio! I'm close to getting my property ready for rent and am in need of a property manager who is reliable, great at communication, and values my time and business! Any recommendations will be helpful, thank you!
We’re a Property Management Company (PMC) in Metro Detroit ONLY, with 25+ years of experience, and we’ve seen owners make the same mistakes, over & over again when looking to hire a PMC – which drives us nuts!.
In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make is ASSUMING all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.
So, owners mistakenly think price is the only differentiator – and look for a PMC like they’d shop for groceries☹
We encourage you to learn from the mistakes of others by reading posts here on BiggerPockets from owners that picked a PMC solely by price and regretted it.
We recommend exploring as many sources as possible to get referrals AND cross-reference them to get as much accurate information as possible.
Check out NARPM.com, BP’s Property Manager Finder (BiggerPockets: The Real Estate Investing Social Network), etc.
Even if someone gives you a referral, do NOT make the mistake of assuming that just because a PMC met their expectations, they’ll meet your expectations. We all have our own expectations and what works for someone else, may not work for you.
If you’re new to all of this, it's often a case of not doing enough research, as you don't know what you don't know!
So, ask more questions!
EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!
This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.
The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!
A well written management contract should clearly spell out what is expected of both the PMC and the owner, to PROTECT both and avoid misunderstandings. Why do you think purchase contracts are so long and have such small print?
We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.
EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!
P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊
Here’s some articles we’ve contributed to BiggerPockets about screening a PMC BETTER than you would a tenant!
20 Questions to Ask When Vetting a Property Management Company: Processes
13 Questions to Ask to a PMC: Communication and Documentation
24 Questions to Ask When Evaluating a Property Management Contract
@David De La Torre - Michael gave you excellent advice on vetting PMs. I'll add one angle specific to out-of-state ownership in Ohio: make sure your management agreement includes clear legal compliance provisions.
Ohio has some landlord-friendly aspects, but there are specific requirements that trip up out-of-state owners:
Key Ohio-specific items to confirm your PM handles:
Contract provisions to insist on:
One practical question to ask during interviews:
"Walk me through how you handle a tenant who's 5 days past due on rent in Cleveland - what's your exact process and timeline?"
Their answer will tell you whether they understand Ohio's notice requirements and have a systematic approach, or if they're winging it.
Since you're out of state, you need a PM who treats compliance like a checklist, not a judgment call. Good luck with the search!
I’ve been deep-diving property managers in Cleveland as a remote investor and wanted to share some real, specific takeaways from my research — not theory.
1. Not all bad reviews are equal
Big difference between “operational friction” and “system failure”
2. Fee structure can be misleading
3. Volume of reviews matters more than rating
That was one of the biggest eye-openers for me
4. The company matters more than the rep
5. Maintenance is EVERYTHING This is where deals are won or lost:
6. Remote investing changes the equation
I went into this thinking: “Who has the best deal?”
I came out thinking: “Who is least likely to create problems I can’t see or fix?”
Question for experienced investors:
Have you found it better to:
Would love to hear real experiences, especially from other out-of-state investors.
I’ve been deep-diving property managers in Cleveland as a remote investor and wanted to share some real, specific takeaways from my research — not theory.
1. Not all bad reviews are equal
Big difference between “operational friction” and “system failure”
2. Fee structure can be misleading
3. Volume of reviews matters more than rating
That was one of the biggest eye-openers for me
4. The company matters more than the rep
5. Maintenance is EVERYTHING This is where deals are won or lost:
6. Remote investing changes the equation
I went into this thinking: “Who has the best deal?”
I came out thinking: “Who is least likely to create problems I can’t see or fix?”
Question for experienced investors:
Have you found it better to:
Would love to hear real experiences, especially from other out-of-state investors.
You're literally one in a thousand (or so)!
Most rental owners don't take the time to properly analyze their options like you have🙃