Looking for turnkey properties in Canada

Looking for turnkey properties in Canada

Investor · Courtenay, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 21 votes

Does anyone have any experience with turnkey companies in Canada?  I've seen quite a bit out there on companies and people doing this in the US, but am having some difficulties finding quality Canadian content.  Can anyone recommend any websites or companies that are providing this type of service in Canada?

0Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · St. Thomas, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 692 posts · 312 votes
9y

Could everyone please stop referring to "Canada real estate". We have  thousands of cities and towns spanning a land mass significantly greater than US. There are MANY different markets here. I am two hours from the centre of Toronto and houses cost a tiny fraction what they would there.

Maybe I should start a proper turnkey org just to prove a point.

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Celina, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hey @Tom Mattinson

    I'm a Canadian that's living in the U.S. right now, but heading up to Atlantic Canada in a few weeks to (hopefully) make my first few investments.  I'll be retiring up that way in a few more years - family is in Moncton.

    Loved your comments above about cashflow in Atlantic Canada.  I'm liking some of what I'm seeing in PEI right now.  Any feedback / other things I should be looking out for?

  • Investor · Amherst, NOVA SCOTIA · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Send me a pm and we can see what your looking for and what assistance I can offer

  • Richmond, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    If you do it right, any investment is turnkey; why do you need a company to do the legwork for you? Find a market, build a team, buy a property, and accept the cash flow.  I own properties on the other side of the country and play no role in their active management. 

    As @Matt Geerts and @Roy N. have pointed out, Canada is a HUGE country and there are many markets with excellent cash flow and teams of professionals to help you.

    Hey Chris!  where abouts in Canada are you investing and what sort of numbers are you seeing? I'm always out and about the lower mainland for work, let's grab a coffee!

    XT

  • Linda LabbePro Member
    Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 709 posts · 262 votes
    9y

    Hi all I live in North Bay a Northern Ontario  university town we are lucky the prices of homes here are not through  the roof yet as they are in  the southern areas... the area still has deal available that would make an investor happy but James  is right we dont have the double didget numbers that are common in Ohio. I do manage my own investments here and the hands on experience I got from that has made my investing in the states easier. The large turn key companies that are  common in the states do not exist  here people tend to manage there own or help eachother.

  • Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    I have built turn key income properties in Lethbridge Alberta and am thinking about building a turn key duplex in Edmonton.
  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, ON · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @mattgeerts sounds interesting. How can I contact you regarding these properties in your town?

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, ON · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Linda Labbe

     How are the returns up in north bay? Looking to invest in smaller cities while hopefully earning double digit cash flow...

  • Linda LabbePro Member
    Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 709 posts · 262 votes
    8y

    we can get that here

  • Investor · St. Thomas, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 692 posts · 312 votes
    8y

    Hi Adam, feel free to add me on BP and send your email address or phone.

    Matt

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.