Anyone have experience with Home365?

Anyone have experience with Home365?

Park City, UT · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 126 votes

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone has used Home365 property management.  They are expanding nationwide.  I'm curious to hear just from people who have actually used them or interviewed them.  Thanks!

https://www.home365.co/

1Reply
776 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 7 votes
3y
Quote from @Tim Walsh:

During my internet search for better property management for the Atlanta area, I found Home365 and was impressed with their pitch by phone. I feel fortunate to see all your comments on BiggerPockets! Home365 quoted me by phone last week 7% monthly management fee and 50% placement fee for their "Standard Plan," but their WRITTEN Prop Mgmt Agreement actually lists many fees and limitations.

For Home365's One Rate plan, which "guarantees rent," and supposedly pays all maintenance costs and eviction costs and repair costs, etc., they quoted me 23% with no fees. How much did they quote y'all?

However, their 38 page Prop Mgmt Agreement for OneRate is daunting--it lists many exclusions to their obligations such as any damage caused by force to a surface (whether from tenants, animals, roots, wind or other force of nature, etc). Other exclusions are roof replacement, anything requiring a permit, exterior painting if more than 5% of surface, "maintenance related to the garden, lawn, or landscaping," anything covered by any of the various required insurance policies, etc. I'm similarly surprised to find that their written OneRate plan management agreement states: "For both Evictions and Other Suits, Owner shall be exclusively responsible for all attorney’s fees, vendor, service provider, expert, and court costs."(para 5.1.c). Really? Seems to contradict the them of "OneRate."

They claim to have 9,000 doors under management in eleven states. So I imagine they are doing something right. But I'm finding many warnings from your collective postings here on BiggerPockets. IDK--Have any of you had an overall positive experience with Home365?


 There is actually a simple answer to why they claim to manage over 9,000 homes. They go around the country partnering/acquiring existing property management companies. The interesting stat would be how many of those homes they acquired left after having a bad experience. You can compare it to someone you met having $1M and thinking they must be doing something right, but was originally given $10M. 

See this reply in the discussion

68 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello, these reviews seem to be pretty awful on this side of their business. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 3rd party vendors they hire. They recently called my Handyman company to become a partner with them. They want us to sign up with them so they can send us the "leads" to go out and fix their properties. 

    I have never heard of this company before so I am trying to do my research. 

    Thank you to anyone who can share their experiences.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    They Will keep your deposit if you do give 30 day notice and hire people to clean.  Don't do it 

  • Reese HaleyPro Member
    Columbia, SC · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Hello Everyone, I have been looking for a new PM in the Pittsburgh, PA area for some time now and came across HOME365. I am a remote investor with 2 duplexes so I am not able to visit the properties on a regular basis, which is why it is important to have a proactive PM Company with reliable systems in place. If you have a PM Company that services the Pittsburgh, PA area, please let me know. 

    I appreciate all the feedback from my BP community and I thank you all for sharing your experiences.

    Thank you,

    Reese

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    I have been with Home365 for about 2 years now for two single-family rentals in York, PA. My original property management company was acquired by Home365 and I was 'inherited' by H365. Until about 4 months ago it was beyond terrible. I received little to no response for months regarding various issues (apparently due to a software bug and there was no PERSON to call because the platform is designed to be tech savvy). Many of my issues I say stem from that. Recently the service has been very good, very responsive, things are getting done, the platform is working, etc. I believe it depends HIGHLY on the person assigned to be your manager and that they have been working out the bugs over the past two years. I am truly hoping for a better experience going forward. I am considering signing up for the OneRate plan and would be interested if anyone has experience with since June 2023.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    Is anyone interested in a class action against this company?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chevonne Woodard:

    Is anyone interested in a class action against this company?


    what did they do wrong.. class action is next to impossible in something like this.. only on TV does that work.
  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hello BP Members, My tenant took Home 365 to court and I am also included in the law suite. I am speechless about Home 365 and could write a book about them.

    Can anybody recommend a lawyer in Michigan (Detroit ) who would be able to file my summons, We already passed the deadline so we need extension. By the way it is free for a tenant to place a lawsuit in the city..

    Thank you

  • Member since 2023 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    You are not suppose to be a side on this. I think the pm company has full liability. And they should have good lawyers there which probably can contact to.  

  • Michael SmytheBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit · Member since 2023 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Avi Lah the PMC's alleged liability is immaterial as it does NOT protect the owner.

    An owner must sue their PMC and prove their liability.

    Logical Property Management4.9453 Reviews
  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Boy does a little research go a longggg way. Thank you all for the reviews and feedback. I have a triplex in Chicago and have been looking for a PM. Came across home365 and it sounded good… too good in fact and this thread pretty much confirms it. Well if anyone has a good PM in Chicago please send them my way.

    Thank you,

    Menelik

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Menelik Rowe you should connect with @Mark Ainley. He has a reputable PM company GC Realty, and he knows most of the good PM companies in the Chicago area even if his company can't/won't cover an area. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Menelik Rowe

    I also recommend connecting with @Mark Ainley at GC Realty.

  • Zach GringPro Member
    Realtor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2020 · 126 posts · 101 votes
    2y

    If you're considering a PM, the responsive ones, the ones that treat your investment like their own, the ones that communicate on all items pertaining to your investment with the utmost amount of transparency, only one company, name comes to mind. @Mark Ainley and his team at GC Realty & Development. Check them out!

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Thank you gentlemen! Unfortunately GC doesn’t service my location so we’ll be looking into some alternative solutions but home365 is definitely out haha.

  • New to Real Estate · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Is there anyone still using home365? I have two units in Pottstown PA and have hard time getting response from them. Any experience?  Is there any better property management in that area?

  • Contractor · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2018 · 216 posts · 160 votes
    2y

    @HsinYu Chen Home365 is not good. They used to be called SlateHouse, and that was a good company. Home365 bought SlateHouse and turned it into a disaster. 

    Big Realty, Rentwell and Specht Realty all service Pottstown and are much better - you can actually call a person (no "submit a ticket" crap), the person you talk to next month is the same as the person you talked to last month, they're honest/transparent about maintenance markups (which 365 was not with me), and in general they actually care/try to do a good job with whatever issues come up.

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    @HsinYu Chen - I have bee told that they will be out of business by this summer. 

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Be extra careful with this service agency, not transparent at all. Will explote all fees like crazy. In 4 months, they couldn't rent my place but charged the monthly fee on time and even add more to it. I got the service on April 28th, and they charged the entire month. Double and triple verify what you signed because they'll say one thing and put on writing something else. When I canceled the service, they charged a fee for the fee of the fee...took days to reply to messages after I got the service but to recruit within an hour they would call back. TERRIBLE AND WORSE SERVICE EVER... LIARS

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.