New to Real Estate · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
Hello BP Family,
I'm inquiring if anyone has worked with BNB Turnkey? A company operated by the STR guru Matt Elefante. Below explains what my phone initial call was like. My questions are, have you used or worked with BNB Turnkey, what positives/negatives did you have in your experience, should I just buy my own Airbnb?
I've just had my first phone call with the company and they are what the name states. A company that finds you a profitable STR, helps you acquire, remodel, furnish, list, and manage your own STR. The benefit to me is they do a lot of the leg work and the benefit to them they manage a knowingly profitable STR. They sent me a few case studies after the call to highlight some of the properties they have done. Markets were in Fl, SC, NC, VA, and AZ. COC returns for the properties in the above states were all in the 20 percentile with one at 42%. They require a minimum CoC return of 15% for properties and a minimum $250,000 investment to the property. It sounds great but is it?
Realtor · Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater/Bradenton · Member since 2020 · 396 posts · 353 votes
1y
By the way, for anyone who reads this. A reader (hasn't commented here) saw this post, is also considering BnB turnkey, and he called me today and will be working with us! If you're reading this and it sounds like you, don't hesitate to text/call me. It'll save you likely $50k-$100k in yr 1 :)
Interior Decorator · Chicago, IL · Member since 2025 · 31 posts · 40 votes
1y
I would be curious how much they charge for there services. Do they offer the services"a la carte"? Can you utilize them for finding the Air BnB but then you can do the rest if you want (remodel, furnish, list, etc)
I've recently started worked with a few clients going through BNB and have provided financing for several of their STR deals. While I can't speak to their entire process, I'd be happy to help run numbers or talk through financing options if that part would be helpful for you as you explore. STR lending can get nuanced depending on location, usage, and how it's structured.
Feel free to reach out if you want to dig into that side of things — happy to help however I can.
Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
1y
@Michael C berry jr, reach out to @Josh Green. He works in the same space, same type of clients and can give you real numbers in the FL/Tampa market. He is an active investor/investor focused agent that can show you that the proof is in the pudding!
I'm inquiring if anyone has worked with BNB Turnkey? A company operated by the STR guru Matt Elefante. Below explains what my phone initial call was like. My questions are, have you used or worked with BNB Turnkey, what positives/negatives did you have in your experience, should I just buy my own Airbnb?
I've just had my first phone call with the company and they are what the name states. A company that finds you a profitable STR, helps you acquire, remodel, furnish, list, and manage your own STR. The benefit to me is they do a lot of the leg work and the benefit to them they manage a knowingly profitable STR. They sent me a few case studies after the call to highlight some of the properties they have done. Markets were in Fl, SC, NC, VA, and AZ. COC returns for the properties in the above states were all in the 20 percentile with one at 42%. They require a minimum CoC return of 15% for properties and a minimum $250,000 investment to the property. It sounds great but is it?
I've serviced clients that have taken part of, or even their full "hands off" course. I can confidently say it'd be worth a call with me before you dump a ton of money into that service. Also, they aren't getting you a 20% CoC return with an upfront investment of $250k (if they're talking fully hands off). It's something achievable at higher cash points though.
New to Real Estate · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
1y
@Josh Green I've been following you for awhile now and wanted to connect with you once I was closer. Now is that time by coincidence. I'm going to send you an email.@Raymond J. Rodrigues thank you for the additional referral!
Head of Sales at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2023 · 124 posts · 154 votes
1y
I would suggest if you are looking for an Airbnb property, use our BiggerPockets Featured Agent Program to connect with an agent who works specifically with investors to find on market and off market properties that fit your investing style. BiggerPockets Featured Agent Finder
Realtor · Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater/Bradenton · Member since 2020 · 396 posts · 353 votes
1y
By the way, for anyone who reads this. A reader (hasn't commented here) saw this post, is also considering BnB turnkey, and he called me today and will be working with us! If you're reading this and it sounds like you, don't hesitate to text/call me. It'll save you likely $50k-$100k in yr 1 :)
New to Real Estate · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
1y
As the person that started this thread I would like to confirm @Josh Green and I are working together. He is helping me buy 3 properties before the end of the year. Our first property is already under contract $32.5k below what the owner wanted for property and furniture.
Realtor · Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater/Bradenton · Member since 2020 · 396 posts · 353 votes
1y
Update:
2 clients who were going to sign with BnB, after talking with me, have signed with me! I'll update again in the future when they're all closed and operating their new STRs in the coming months. Don't waste your money - give me a call first it may just save you $100k...
Realtor · Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater/Bradenton · Member since 2020 · 396 posts · 353 votes
1w
Update: @Michael C berry jr has closed on and has had his STR running with us now for 6+ months successfully (among several other clients that saw this thread) 😊
Don’t hire private equity to invest for you - short term rental purchase, sales and management take an intimate and personalized approach to succeed.
If you’re reading this, I’m just a text away: 801-441-8891 (and introduce yourself or you might be ignored 😂)
I first stumbled upon this post due to researching other turnkey providers for STR. I reached out to Josh last weekend and we connected today to discuss short-term rentals, STR property management, and what the overall process looks like from an investor's perspective upon working with him. Josh spent over 45 minutes on the phone with me and took the time to answer all of my questions.
He was extremely down to earth, easy to talk to, and transparent about how things work behind the scenes with both investing and property management. Chatting with him gave me much more clarity on the process and what I should be thinking about as I continue evaluating STR opportunities.
For someone still doing their due diligence and trying to better understand the STR space, I really appreciated Josh being willing to spend the time walking through everything with me without turning the conversation into a sales pitch. Great first experience, and I'll definitely keep Josh in mind as I continue looking at opportunities!