Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 87 votes
Does anyone here have a house managed by Arbor Trace in Birmingham? Or have you bought a house from Birmingham Income Properties? Their property management business seems to be falling apart due to conflict between partners. We are out-of-state owners and trying to figure out what is happening.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y
@Account Closed Don't we all do that LOL..... one person who is never on here promoting himself is my boutique TK provider there I have been doing business with for over a decade.... Keeps his head down and gives quality... both in product and Realistic rent numbers.. we were talking this morning and he mentioned one house same Bd ba and sq ft next to one we sold with a 750 rent one of the promotors had a 900 rent... of course that excites the potential buyer but then they are frustrated when it won't rent for that.
Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
10y
I was made whole by Bradley Lewis regarding my rental property after the collapse of their company. It was a process, but I was paid what was owed. I could only imagine I'm not the only person who was paid monies owed, but I do not see any posts regarding that.
I was made whole by Bradley Lewis regarding my rental property after the collapse of their company. It was a process, but I was paid what was owed. I could only imagine I'm not the only person who was paid monies owed, but I do not see any posts regarding that.
We have yet to be whole by his bad checks. And I know I am not the only investor that still hasn't been made whole. Glad you got your money.
I'm counting it as a loss.
DO you still have your properties with Bradley Lewis and his new company?
Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 142 posts · 49 votes
10y
I did receive another set of payments from Bradley Lewis after the checks bounced that covered promised rents through August. Maverick Investor group paid me the difference in rents owed to me.
Investor · Deatsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
9y
i bought a house from them and let them manage it. Long story short they owe me more than $50000 and I am not going to rest until I collect. If you have be taken by these guys like I have please contact me and let's talk about legal options ( class action) and criminal. Arbor Trace, Birmingham Income Property, Bradley Lewis, Brian Conwell, Amy Conwill and Greg Malcolm are all crooks. They have many businesses that they have opened. Their M.O. is to ru one in the ground then they go to legal zoom and create anew one for 40 bucks. Feel free to co tact me and let's put them in their place
Investors be cautious and do your homework about Amy Wingo/Conwill. She started Atrium Real Estate and Property Management after the collapse of Arbor Trace with her ex-husband and Brad Lewis. You will see multiple articles and complaints about Arbor Trace scamming investors and the business continues with Atrium. I spent over $59,000 to improve 5 properties that were under her management. Six months later I ended up with 3 of the 5 properties rented and most of the agreed upon work never completed, ie. carpet never installed, roof not finished and hardwood flooring not completed. I would say she completed about $20,000 of work and pocketed the rest. She will charge you for work to be done, but do as little as possible to get the tenant into the property. I'm sure investor funds are being comingled with other investor money and misappropriated. The Alabama Real Estate Commission needs to start an audit of Atrium Real Estate and Property Management. Don't get scammed.
JD, CCIM , Real Estate Broker · Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Peter Gosch, the Alabama Real Estate Commission typically does not initiate investigations on its own unless a routine audit turns up evidence of wrongdoing. If you wish to file a complaint, you may do so at the link below.
We too had the misfortune to meet the Conwills. It appeared that Amy Conwill ran the Atrium Property Management company. We had several incidents of repairs that were paid for and did not happen, vacant properties without any engagement for months, and an overall lack of interest in our business. She did not inspect properties regularly. This lack of basic oversight of tenants living conditions resulted in about 50% of our properties with damages over $10,000. We met Amy when she was still married to Bryan Conwill, of Conwill Development. Together they offered properties that were already refurbished (theoretically) and rented to "qualified" tenants. It seemed prudent for our initial investments in Birmingham to start with positive cashflow. I'd say we got robbed blind. One of the properties turns out to have not received a Certificate of Occupancy, yet the Conwill's rented it. And now we've been forced to vacate the tenants, and endure very costly repairs. Two other properties had substantial tenant damage that should have been caught while under the management of Atrium and Conwill Development. Bryan Conwill also collected rent and never paid us those funds. The list goes on.