Arbor Trace Property Management

Arbor Trace Property Management

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 87 votes

Does anyone here have a house managed by Arbor Trace in Birmingham?  Or have you bought a house from Birmingham Income Properties?  Their property management business seems to be falling apart due to conflict between partners.  We are out-of-state owners and trying to figure out what is happening.

0Reply
119 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
10y

Contact @Jarrod Cook at Decas Group. They seem to know what they are doing. 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    @Ann Howell

    Ironically we have had a bunch of investors who were managed by them looking for new management today.  Not sure what is going on over there but sounds like there are troubles.

  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 149 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    @Ann Howell

    We've also received several calls from a few of their investors looking to sell as a result of the challenges they are having.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    The two partners at Birmingham Income properties / Arbor Trace had significant disagreements.  They are spliting into 2 companies.  One will be run by Bradley Lewis and the other by Amy and Bryan Conwill.  I have one property with Arbor Trace and have not gotten paid for August or September rent. 

    If you are an Arbor Trace customner, let's connect and discuss options.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 87 votes
    11y

    If you have a property managed by Arbor Trace, I encourage you to confirm that the property actually has a tenant in it.  We had a signed lease that was actually fraudulent.  The property was vacant and not being maintained.  We have since found a new PM who has been fabulous in helping us secure the property and move forward.  We are considering our options and would be happy to talk with other clients.

  • Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    I'm so glad I found this forum - I have been promised money from them for months!  I kept hoping that they would get things settled with the management split, but now no one is responding to my calls.  I suppose I should just cut my losses and find another PM.  Can anyone provide an update on this?  What PM did you move to?  Did you all start with Bradley and company from the rehab stage, and if you are trying to sell, was the rehab done well enough to be able to sell without taking a loss?  Thanks so much!

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    I moved my property to Decas.

    For all of us who got money stolen by Arbor Trace, I think we should have a Telecon and put together recovery plan.  I'll be glad to host it. 

  • Spencer SuttonBusiness Member
    Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 119 posts · 148 votes
    10y

    We ended up taking over management of around 50 houses in the past few months as a result of what's going on with Arbor Trace and BIP.  

    I don't think that it's really a conflict between partners.  There's something else going on with this group.... 

    We just took over for some owners who had been with them and what we're unraveling is a mess.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I have four properties formerly managed by Arbor Trace and now Atrium Real Estate and Property Management, the Conwill's new company. I also have a returned check from Arbor Trace signed by Bradley Lewis and am trying to figure out how to collect. From the sound of things I need to verify everything the Conwill's are saying. I have spent a number of days riding around scouting houses with Bryan and am hoping for the best. Bryan  returns calls immediately where as Bradley and his assistant David Hayes have ceased communicating. I would certainly appreciate any networking on ideas to collect on my check and management alternatives in case Atrium does not work out.

  • Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 142 posts · 49 votes
    10y

    I'm in the same boat. Can someone please recommend a top notch property management company. Just found out today that one of my tenants hasn't been paying and my other property has been vacant for two months and that tenant hadn't paid since May. Bradley says he will pay the amount owed but still waiting for check and now they won't answer any questions. Anyone know how to pursue collections? 

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Contact @Jarrod Cook at Decas Group. They seem to know what they are doing. 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 87 votes
    10y

    @Doug Johnson and I have both moved our properties to Decas Group.  We are very pleased so far.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    I have connected with 4 investors who were cheated by Brad and Arbor Trace. It was widespread fraud. 

  • Software Engineer · Lehi, UT · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    I am also in this boat. I moved my property over to Decas Group, and they have gotten things back on track. Arbor Trace also sent me a bad check signed by Bradley Lewis, then promised to wire me the money they owed me, but never came through. So far I have eaten about $1500 in losses, which I realize is chump change compared to those of you who had properties under rehab with them.

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    We have our NSF checks with the Alabama Fraudulent Check Department. All we had to do was show them the checks that bounced and file out some paper via online. To my knowledge, the Fraud department has placed a warrant out for his arrest. 

    Even if we never see our monies, at least he can not continue to do this scam to others. 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    10y

    There is a Real Estate Recovery Fund.  Call the Alabama Real Estate Commission for details but that money is there to protect the public in the event of fraud.

  • Attorney · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Agree.  You need to pursue this and they should be able to assist you. 

    You could also file the NSF check with the county and they have an entire department to pursue these NSF checks.

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I realized that I didn't mention whom our checks are from. We received one check from Arbor Trace with Bradley Lewis signature on it and another one from Elite Property Group also signed by Bradley Lewis. 

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    We have already started to take measures against Bradley Lewis. 

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Spencer Sutton:

    We ended up taking over management of around 50 houses in the past few months as a result of what's going on with Arbor Trace and BIP.  

    I don't think that it's really a conflict between partners.  There's something else going on with this group.... 

    We just took over for some owners who had been with them and what we're unraveling is a mess.

     Spencer, your company is a joke. I hardly believe that you have taken over that many properties from Arbor Trace. We have had our properties with you in the past and you all did nothing but give us unrealistic quotes on rehabs. Your company also let several of our home sit. vacant. and then charged us for when you all should have been showing them. I sent my son to spy on my homes and his pictures were awful. I know several investors that brought their homes to GK and all you did was over promise and under deliver. How many of those properties that you welcomed in are still with GK?? 

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Brian Cloud:

    Agree.  You need to pursue this and they should be able to assist you. 

    You could also file the NSF check with the county and they have an entire department to pursue these NSF checks.

     The police department said they don't handle NSF Checks. Who should we contact?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed  We had 34 houses with GK  and had to move them to Decas for cost savings measures mark up on maintenance was not working for us etc. 

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Doug Johnson:
    Originally posted by @Brian Cloud:

    Agree.  You need to pursue this and they should be able to assist you. 

    You could also file the NSF check with the county and they have an entire department to pursue these NSF checks.

     The police department said they don't handle NSF Checks. Who should we contact?

     We contacted the Jefferson County Fraud Department. Their number is 205-325-1422

  • LA Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs 

    Spencer is just on this site to promote himself and his company. No real facts. Clearly. 

  • Attorney · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    It actually falls under the Jefferson County, District Attorney's office.

    Worthless Check Unit
    2121 8th Avenue North, Suite 1612
    Birmingham, AL 35203-2326
    (205) 325-1422

  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    10y

    @Brian Cloud, I can think of a few more Worthless "X" Units they can create :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.