Does anyone know which states to invest?

Does anyone know which states to invest?

Member since 2022 · 42 posts · 10 votes
From 1 to 10, does anyone have a list of states in terms of renting out properties in comparison to the best state to invest real estate?
1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruce WoodruffPro Member
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
4y

It seems from what I hear that FLA is more affordable right now. And what's not to like? Beaches, weather, girls, and a great Governor......

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y

    You can click on the magnifying glass in the upper right. This question is literally asked weekly.

    Start with no state income tax, cheap insurance, low property taxes, tile roofs, stucco siding, and low maintenance yards, landlord friendly and no snow/hurricanes/hail/major earthquakes, that should narrow it down for you. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    Avoid Higher taxes, more regulation, less freedom. Of course there are some of these states where you can do well, but why bother?

    If I were younger and starting over, I think I'd pick Florida....

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    Avoid Higher taxes, more regulation, less freedom. Of course there are some of these states where you can do well, but why bother?

    If I were younger and starting over, I think I'd pick Florida....

    Why Florida over Arizona? I am curious as I am seeking investments in Arizona. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    It seems from what I hear that FLA is more affordable right now. And what's not to like? Beaches, weather, girls, and a great Governor......

  • Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    You would benefit from doing some of your own research on migration patterns, job growth, where big companies are moving, taxes, regulations, etc. This is also stuff you can find with a simple Google search. 

    It is also vague to ask what is "best"  . . . Best for what? Cash flow, appreciation, price, short term, long term . . . . ? 

  • Realtor · Woodland, CA · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 43 votes
    4y

    @Branden Yang

    I’d stick to states and areas you know very well. Make a list of all the places you’ve lived. Make a list of your family and very close friends and what states they live in. Then look into which cities you like the most and look up rents and home prices. Start narrowing it down based on what places have the best numbers. Stick with what you know and what you like.

    That is my honest answer. But, if you just want to know the most fashionable place to buy right now according to bigger pockets, I’d say Columbus, Ohio. I see that city mentioned more than any other city on this forum.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Hello @Branden Yang

    Please check out this article, 10 Best States To Invest In Real Estate In The U.S. https://rentalchoice.com/best-...

    All the best!

  • Member since 2022 · 42 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Reggie Powell:

    @Branden Yang

    I’d stick to states and areas you know very well. Make a list of all the places you’ve lived. Make a list of your family and very close friends and what states they live in. Then look into which cities you like the most and look up rents and home prices. Start narrowing it down based on what places have the best numbers. Stick with what you know and what you like.

    That is my honest answer. But, if you just want to know the most fashionable place to buy right now according to bigger pockets, I’d say Columbus, Ohio. I see that city mentioned more than any other city on this forum.


     Ohhhh. I'm so lucky I found the deal I'm getting right now! Incredibly lucky.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Texas 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.