Neighbourhoods/streets/area in Indianapolis IN

Most Popular Reply

Gloria N GearBusiness Member
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
3y

Hi Tsila,  I did a podcast on Indiananpolis areas a couple of years ago.  Keep in mind this was pre-covid, so prices have changed, but I would be happy to have a conversation with you  to let you know updated numbers.  

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    3y

    Have you ever been to Indy? If not, go for a weekend, schedule some visits with local PMs and let them show you around. If there are specific listings that you are looking at they will probably help you evaluate the rental potential.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Thank you for your advice. I have never been there yet. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2022 · 144 posts · 65 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tsila Karta Waldman:

    Thank you for your advice. I have never been there yet. 


     Hi Tsila.  I'm an Indianapolis Indiana real estate broker with 20 years experience.  Check out my Profile and send a DM.  I'd be glad to have a chat.  

    The other side of the company is a full service property management co.  So we have the full package of what you need...

  • Gloria N GearBusiness Member
    Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
    3y

    Hi Tsila,  I did a podcast on Indiananpolis areas a couple of years ago.  Keep in mind this was pre-covid, so prices have changed, but I would be happy to have a conversation with you  to let you know updated numbers.  

  • Jake KnightPro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Karl McGarvey:

    Have you ever been to Indy? If not, go for a weekend, schedule some visits with local PMs and let them show you around. If there are specific listings that you are looking at they will probably help you evaluate the rental potential.


    This is a great idea if you have the time! $120K typically will get you in a C neighborhood here and it's important to know what you're buying. While cash flow is important, there are several other profit centers in REI.

  • Jake KnightPro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tsila Karta Waldman:

    Which neighborhoods /streets/area are good for investing 120,000 dollars ?

    Thanks,

    Tsila


     We also did a blog that breaks down different areas and neighborhoods in our city.  Indianapolis is very spread out so there are a lot of areas to consider.  It really all just depends on what your investment goals area.  

  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    3y

    Hey there I'd be happy to chat through this. But I would say don't sleep on Bean Creek or Christian Park! I own a rental (STR) in Christian Park. I'd be happy to chat!

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    3y

    @Tsila Karta Waldman find a good PMC to assist you! 

    No one cares as much about the rental you buy,as the one that has to manage it.

  • Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2022 · 150 posts · 59 votes
    3y

    Bringing in a property manager BEFORE you buy the property is huge!  If you are looking at a home, we can help you get a good idea of what you can rent it for and what you would have to do to make it rent ready if it's not already before you would purchase it.  Make sure you are looking at the numbers correctly so you can get a realistic expectation cash flow and your overall investment before you make the the purchase.  There are many popular neighborhoods that are growing outward that will allow you to buy a home in the 120K range.  Happy to chat if you have any questions!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.