Ohio Markets with good cashflow opportunities for LTR

Ohio Markets with good cashflow opportunities for LTR

Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 9 votes

Hello, 

I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

Thank you in advance!!

6Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Sam McCormackBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
3y

Hello, 

I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

Thank you in advance!!

 Add Cincinnati to that list!

City has the most traffic for traveling nurses in Ohio. As well as that a strong and growing market, therefore higher population and rental market. Something to at least look into, let me know if I can help you start searching in Cincy and get your next investment property!

Sam McCormack Realtor
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 73 posts · 82 votes
    3y

    It seems that you have your sights set on Cleveland and Dayton, but Columbus is another market that provides both cashflow opportunities and appreciation. The area has had continual growth over the past decade and now with Intel and Honda investing billions into their new plants in Columbus, there will be thousands of jobs created. 

    Just a look at another great Ohio market. Good luck!

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Hello, 

    I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

    Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

    Thank you in advance!!

     I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. Just this month, I’ve gotten under contract for my clients for multiple 20%+ cash on cash rental properties so there’s definitely tons of opportunity here. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 227 posts · 133 votes
    3y
    Cleveland is a great market for what you're looking for!  I would say that Maple Hts, Garfield Hts, Euclid, Bedford, and Old Brooklyn and great places to find value that are in B/C+ neighborhoods.  As far as multifamily properties, I still like the west side of Cleveland near West Blvd and the Detroit Shoreway.  You can't find as many deals as you could 3-5 years ago, but still a great value area with good rents and lots of demand. 
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Hello, 

    I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

    Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

    Thank you in advance!!

    I can send you my recommendations for Dayton and Cleveland

  • Rental Property Investor · Centreville, VA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 799 votes
    3y

    I have found value investing in Cleveland, OH because it is home to Cleveland Clinic, lot of good neighborhoods, landlord friendly laws, stable appreciation and good cash flowing properties. There are also abundant opportunities for small multi family and SFH. I have been able to scale up to 12 doors in 2 years so definitely recommend this area. Feel free to reach out and we can discuss.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hello, 

    I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

    Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

    Thank you in advance!!

     Cleveland almost all areas. I just picked up 9 more doors in the last two weeks, all with 15% ++++ NET caps . However do not even think about doing it without a team in place, it will not end well. 

  • Sam McCormackBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
    3y

    Hello, 

    I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

    Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

    Thank you in advance!!

     Add Cincinnati to that list!

    City has the most traffic for traveling nurses in Ohio. As well as that a strong and growing market, therefore higher population and rental market. Something to at least look into, let me know if I can help you start searching in Cincy and get your next investment property!

    Sam McCormack Realtor
    View Page
  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2023 · 38 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    Akron has some great opportunity that wasn't mentioned here. You get similar pricing to Cleveland with significantly less taxes and no point of sale inspections to add to the deal. Let me know if you would like to talk about this market further. 

    Good luck! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2015 · 312 posts · 273 votes
    3y

    A lot of what I consider b/c is on the north side in long standing areas like Englewood, vandalia, Huber heights, and emerging areas closer to downtown like Shiloh, university heights, and Dayton triangle.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    3y

    Hello, 

    I'm looking to buy a SFH or MFH in Ohio to rent long term.  I've read that Cleveland and Dayton are great real estate markets with good cashflow opportunities. 

    Can anyone recommend any B/C neighborhood with good cashflow and appreciation in Dayton or Cleveland?

    Thank you in advance!!

     For Cleveland I suggest checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods to were all of the B & C areas are.

    Some other places in Ohio where I am seeing a lot of solid cash flow opportunities are Toledo, Akron, Canton & Youngstown.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.