Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 115 posts · 69 votes
🔥Charlotte Investor Market Update: February 2026🔥
💫Looking for rental demand hotspots around Charlotte? These ZIP codes are currently showing some of the lowest vacancy rates in the metro, signaling strong tenant demand and stable rental performance.
💫Top Areas
• 28083 – Kannapolis | 3% vacancy
Major revitalization is underway in downtown Kannapolis with the North Carolina Research Campus, new retail, restaurants, and stadium district development bringing jobs and population growth.
• 28025 – Concord | 8% vacancy
Home to Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord Mills, and growing logistics corridors along I-85. Demand is driven by commuters and distribution jobs.
• 28054 – Gastonia | 9% vacancy
Investors are watching Gastonia closely as redevelopment projects and adaptive reuse properties continue to expand the downtown area. Several new residential projects are also planned across the city.
• 28081 – Kannapolis | 10% vacancy
This area benefits from the continued redevelopment surrounding the Kannapolis downtown district and new housing demand spilling over from Concord.
• 28134 – Pineville | 10% vacancy
Located just south of Charlotte with direct access to I-485 and I-77, Pineville benefits from proximity to major employment hubs and retail destinations like Carolina Place.
💫Low vacancy often means:
✔ strong tenant demand
✔ shorter leasing periods
✔ potential for rental increases
💫Charlotte continues to grow rapidly, with ongoing residential and mixed-use development across the metro supporting long-term housing demand.
Property Manager · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2022 · 152 posts · 118 votes
6mo
I am not surprised at all that Kannapolis has such low vacancy. I LOVE managing properties in that market. Tenants move in quickly and stay a lonnnnng time.