Getting to know Lakeland, Florida

Getting to know Lakeland, Florida

Rental Property Investor · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hi Everyone! I am new to the BP community and I am looking to find some connections that can help my husband and myself find our first property for house hacking. We live out of state and know little about Lakeland. I would love if any locals had any wise words of advice. Any areas to completely avoid? Any real estate agents who are investor friendly that you've enjoyed working with? Thanks in advance!

2Reply
38 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Banker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2023 · 316 posts · 74 votes
    1y

    Hi VeLora, 

    Welcome to the community-

    There are many professionals and resources here on bigger pockets to learn and grow your business. 

    Best of luck on your journey!

  • Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Hi VeLora, welcome to the BP community!

    Exciting to hear you’re exploring house hacking in Lakeland! I'm familiar with the area and would be happy to help however I can—whether it’s sharing insights on neighborhoods, tips for out-of-state buyers, or connecting you with local resources. Lakeland has some great opportunities, but like any market, there are areas to research closely.

    Feel free to reach out if you have questions—I’m happy to point you in the right direction!

    Best of luck to you and your husband on your first investment!

    -Christian Tateo

  • Emil GonzalezPro Member
    Member since 2024 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Hi VeLora,

    My pleasure to connect. That's very nice area. Feel free to DM I should be able to connect you with an agent that can support you in that area. I'm an investor myself also, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

    DM me

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.