How to house hack as soon as possible
I'm 19 and live in the Longview area of Texas. I've been listening to bigger pockets for a little over a year now and really want to get into real estate. Currently doing a flip right now with a few friends whose mom is our hard money lender. So I've at least got my foot in the door. But I'm planning on marrying my girlfriend of 2 year in about a year and a half and am trying to set my self up for success as fast as possible. I plan to finish this flip and rent it out and maybe do another but in January I plan to go to a college and take a semester of welding courses and then start welding. I'm torn by my want to get married (and therefore need of a full time job) and wanting to keep renovating properties which I know will get me to financial freedom faster. But I plan to use my time working wisely as well. I want to get an FHA loan and buy a 2/4 unit to live in with my wife (About a year after I start welding full time). But after talking with my loan officer, she says because I won't have 2 years of credit history on one line of credit, I can't get the loan. Everything else is set up. I work part time right now and will have just finished welding school and gotten a job when I apply for the loan. Meaning I shouldn't have to have two years work history. I even have 3 lines of credit. The only thing holding me back is the lack of two years on one line. Now I don't know if I have no choice but to wait a year longer than I expected to wait (just for the credit line to pass two years) or if there is some other way of doing this.
does anyone know how I can get past the requirement of 2 years history on one line of credit? Or any recommendations of other loans or other options I should be pursuing?
I'm pretty much starved of other investors to talk to so any advice would be very much appreciated!
thanks,
Matthew Gray