Avoid if you can.
I gave my townhouse in capital hill (Seattle) to them to manage/rent out and the revenue has been lower than what I would have gotten if I just rented out long-term.
So I asked for the property back on Aug 31, 2023 and when they handed over, they left the furnitures there, and a bunch of un-repaired non-fair wear and tear - big damage in the wooden floor, molded grout in the shower, etc. After I demanded a repair, they are taking forever to get back to me and the response is slow. It's been 13 days since the promised handover date (Aug 31) and they are not replying back. And I need to move in to the place within the next few days. I've already reached out to my lawyer.
So yeah, avoid if you can
Hi, reading this thread with interest as I have the opposite problem: my son and his buddies paid rent on time to Zeus for the last 3 months in San Francisco, and Zeus didn't pass it on to landlord who now wants to evict them. The tenants have a contract with Zeus until Feb 2024.
What's the legal situation here?
Are you guys, as landlords, being advised that you can evict tenants for non-payment instantly, even though the tenants actually paid the rent? I don't know Californian law and am concerned the landlord is trying to evict them instantly, but illegally.
Thank you - worried dad..
Ok found some concerning reviews for BlueGround from tenants' point of views on BBB but have yet to find an owners thread or reviews of the company from owner's point of view . I do not think they will be interested in taking all Zeus properties either. Maybe the ones that have tenants or are not SFH as they seem more interested in condos etc.
I have not been able to find owner information on BlueGround either. The Blueground rep is included in emails to me from Zeus and they have not reached out to me yet. Zeus is strongly trying to force me to transfer my lease agreement over to Blueground and I think Bluegrounds is stalling to give Zeus time to collect more rent. Zeus said I can not do a lease agreement with the current tenant, but did not say why? I am not sure if this is true. If my agreement with Zeus ends for non payment, the agreement with the tenant ends as well, so long as they have not paid for the month of December. My tenant is paying monthly and I advised them to reconsider paying December becuase I have not receieved Oct or Nov. In addition, I have review my lease carefully and can cancel/evict if they pay late 4 times in a 12 month period, so I am considering this option.
Hi, reading this thread with interest as I have the opposite problem: my son and his buddies paid rent on time to Zeus for the last 3 months in San Francisco, and Zeus didn't pass it on to landlord who now wants to evict them. The tenants have a contract with Zeus until Feb 2024.
What's the legal situation here?
Are you guys, as landlords, being advised that you can evict tenants for non-payment instantly, even though the tenants actually paid the rent? I don't know Californian law and am concerned the landlord is trying to evict them instantly, but illegally.
Thank you - worried dad..
It is my understanding, if they paid they can legally stay there for the time they paid. They will probably have to provide proof of payment. The owner will not be able to kick them out until the 3 months is expired, however they should be prepared to leave after that time or try to make arrangements with the owner until Feb 2024 (although Zeus told me this is not an option, which I do not beleive). If Zeus is out of business they should not care what you do with your property. You can google California tenant rights, its a tenant friendly state.
Emailed them about the furniture, they said keep it.
Was the furniture provided by Zeus initially or by you?
Zeus provided the furniture and I didnt ask them about it when I spoke with them. That is the least of my worries. I am more concerned with my October and November rent payment due to me.
@James Thompson Hopefully, your kid and his friends have a paid rent receipt. The issue is then between the owner and Zeus.
Thank you - they have bank records of payments to Zeus of course
Thank you - they have bank records of payments to Zeus of course
We worked with Zeus to terminate our lease for a payout while retaining all the contents of the unit as-is. The lease is terminated and our unit is already rented out through AirBnb till end of the year.
We worked with Zeus to terminate our lease for a payout while retaining all the contents of the unit as-is. The lease is terminated and our unit is already rented out through AirBnb till end of the year.
We worked with Zeus to terminate our lease for a payout while retaining all the contents of the unit as-is. The lease is terminated and our unit is already rented out through AirBnb till end of the year.
We received the standard termination mail that everyone received, which also mentioned that we could retain all the content currently in the unit (furniture, painting, linen, utensils etc.). We wrote back that we are not interested in moving to the new provider and that we would like to get a quick closure and get our unit back, with all the contents in the unit included as part of the termination. I setup a call with the person involved, she sent over an agreement that I reviewed and requested to change the date to be a couple of days after the current tenant moves out instead of much later. They updated and we signed, and we received the termination payout, usually $2k standard. They cleaned the unit after tenant moved out, checked the contents and gave us back the unit. All done.
We worked with Zeus to terminate our lease for a payout while retaining all the contents of the unit as-is. The lease is terminated and our unit is already rented out through AirBnb till end of the year.
We received the standard termination mail that everyone received, which also mentioned that we could retain all the content currently in the unit (furniture, painting, linen, utensils etc.). We wrote back that we are not interested in moving to the new provider and that we would like to get a quick closure and get our unit back, with all the contents in the unit included as part of the termination. I setup a call with the person involved, she sent over an agreement that I reviewed and requested to change the date to be a couple of days after the current tenant moves out instead of much later. They updated and we signed, and we received the termination payout, usually $2k standard. They cleaned the unit after tenant moved out, checked the contents and gave us back the unit. All done.
Forgot to add that Zeus does owe us one month rent from the previous lease that ended October 31 this year. I have to initiate a claim with them for the same. Would appreciate info from folks here on how they are going about past due monies owed.