What insurance companies will underwrite an LLC for MTR arbitrage?

What insurance companies will underwrite an LLC for MTR arbitrage?

Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hi all - I have 3 MTRS that I own and I am subletting my first to rent as a MTR. I told the homeowner I would carry renters insurance and my tenants will as well. But its been a problem for my insurance guy to find an underwriter who will do a commercial policy for a renter. 

Does anyone have someone they can recommend? Thanks in advance!

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sally Berry:

    Hi all - I have 3 MTRS that I own and I am subletting my first to rent as a MTR. I told the homeowner I would carry renters insurance and my tenants will as well. But its been a problem for my insurance guy to find an underwriter who will do a commercial policy for a renter. 

    Does anyone have someone they can recommend? Thanks in advance!

    I don’t think you will be able to get insurance from a major insurer, with the possible exception of AMICA.  If AMICA won’t write the policy, your best bet is to contact an independent agent who deals with “supplemental” lines, like Lloyds.  Unfortunately, this is high priced insurance, with premiums up to twice the rate of the “majors”.  Most of these companies are reinsurance companies headquartered in the Bahamas (counter intuitively they usually act pretty responsibly and do payout claims!).  
    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    following

  • Allen DuanPro Member
    Property Manager · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 590 posts · 463 votes
    3y

    Proper insurance will cover your rental arbitrage properties.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.