Staging or furnishing med term rental

Staging or furnishing med term rental

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 12 votes

I’m looking to invest in Cleveland, Ohio. I’m curious about renting out medium term rentals. 
Is there a service that furnishes medium term rentals?

I wonder if that would be worth it, instead of flying to Ohio, renting a car, and doing myself.

2Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Maxwell MacVeety:

I’m looking to invest in Cleveland, Ohio. I’m curious about renting out medium term rentals. 
Is there a service that furnishes medium term rentals?

I wonder if that would be worth it, instead of flying to Ohio, renting a car, and doing myself.

 Much to big of a headache. You will need to spend 10k or so on furnishings, on top of the reno,  I have done 1ks of rentals there, all yearly. The issue finding reliable cleaners to do the turn the same day or the next. Be happy with the 10% or so net cap, assuming you are cash, and move on. 

I just picked up 7 more SF all in each about 85k, rents from 1100 -1300. Just this morning I got a duplex, all in 70k, rent will be 800/800, 

All the best 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Maxwell MacVeety:

    I’m looking to invest in Cleveland, Ohio. I’m curious about renting out medium term rentals. 
    Is there a service that furnishes medium term rentals?

    I wonder if that would be worth it, instead of flying to Ohio, renting a car, and doing myself.

     Much to big of a headache. You will need to spend 10k or so on furnishings, on top of the reno,  I have done 1ks of rentals there, all yearly. The issue finding reliable cleaners to do the turn the same day or the next. Be happy with the 10% or so net cap, assuming you are cash, and move on. 

    I just picked up 7 more SF all in each about 85k, rents from 1100 -1300. Just this morning I got a duplex, all in 70k, rent will be 800/800, 

    All the best 

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Thank you Bob!🙏 Appreciate your insight 

  • Allen DuanPro Member
    Property Manager · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 590 posts · 463 votes
    2y

    There are many services like this, whether specifically for MTRs or just with interior designers. It exists but its not cheap. We've done it a few times for our clients, one was specifically in your situation where they would have had to travel out of state themselves to get it done.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Thank you Allen!🙏

  • Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2019 · 249 posts · 93 votes
    2y

    Agreed with Allen. You can find interior designers that can design and furnish your properties but like Allen mentioned, it's not cheap. 

    Personally, I've just flown out, got a car and set it up with me and a couple of helpers I hire for like $15-$20 an hour in setting up the furnishings. 

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    2y

  • Patrick O'SheaPro Member
    Investor · Upper St Clair, PA · Member since 2013 · 96 posts · 112 votes
    2y

    I use Cort furniture to buy used furniture. It's sturdy and affordable. Looks like there is a local store in Parma, OH. You can also finance it to reduce your out of pocket cost up front.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Thank you Patrick!🙏

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.