Looking to connect with MTR owners or managers in Milwaukee

Looking to connect with MTR owners or managers in Milwaukee

Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hi!  I'm Amy Mueller and my husband and I recently transitioned our long-term rental to a Mid-term and are looking to do this with a few more of our rentals.  Would love to build a network of other midterm rentals owners and managers to collaborate with.  Please let me know if you are interested Or if you have connections to a MTR group in Milwaukee would love an introduction!  Much appreciated!

3Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Bonnie LowPro Member
Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    There is an MTR facebook group, but not specific to Milwaukee. 

    If you want to go local, check out the RPA. The Rental Property Association of Wisconsin is a Milwaukee based non-profit for landlords. We have usually have between 80 and 100 people at our monthly meetings which typically fature an industry speaker, legal updates and networking - we have not had MTR as a specific topic yet and maybe we should!

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!

  • Zachary DealPro Member
    Lender · Member since 2023 · 464 posts · 425 votes
    2y

    To piggyback off what @Marcus Auerbach said. There is a Facebook group that is nationwide and a SE Wisconsin Rentals group that you may be able to find some Milwaukee MTR recommendations in. I went to UW Madison and have family in MKE so try and follow the Wisconsin rental market closely!

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 90 votes
    2y

    There seems to be a shift to MTR from STR since the governments, HOA's, and Condo associations have banned them. I heard of visiting nurses are great renters with good ROI's!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Marcus Auerbach  Thanks so much for the recommendations I will check out the RPA!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Bonnie Low Very interested!  I sent a message to you.  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Zachary Deal. Thanks for the group recs.  I will check them out!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Gregory Chadwell. The markets may be changing again.. I think hospitals would like travelers to be on there way out.  It will be interesting to follow what happens in the next year or so!

  • Investor · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hello Amy,

    This is Greshma. I plan to research more on the MTR space. I currently invest out-of-state in Milwaukee but only LTR so far. 
    I would appreciate it if you could pass on any recommendations on areas, furnishing companies or Property managers you’d suggest.

    Would be of great help!!


    Thankyou!!

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Amy Bennett:

    Hi!  I'm Amy Mueller and my husband and I recently transitioned our long-term rental to a Mid-term and are looking to do this with a few more of our rentals.  Would love to build a network of other midterm rentals owners and managers to collaborate with.  Please let me know if you are interested Or if you have connections to a MTR group in Milwaukee would love an introduction!  Much appreciated!

    Hi, Amy - I have just the thing you're looking for! I've recently launched something called THE MTR Connect which is a weekly virtual meetup series for MTR investors. It's a small group (about 30 members so far) who are from all over the US. We are having a great time connecting, getting to know each other, sharing our properties, asking questions and offering advice and resources. Members of the group are finding it really helpful. We're slowly opening up a few spaces. We want to keep it relatively small so that there's plenty of opportunity for everyone to actively engage on the calls. I'd be happy to send you an invite if you'd like to join. I think you'd find it very helpful!
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!


     Hello Bonnie, I would love the opportunity to learn about your virtual MTR meeting group!

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kristin Johnson:
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!


     Hello Bonnie, I would love the opportunity to learn about your virtual MTR meeting group!


     You got it! I'll send you an invite.

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!


     I'd love the info on that!

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    I'd check out Facebook, meetup.com, and the events section here on BP. Even if the meetup isn't MTR-specific, any REI meetup is worth your time.

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:
    Quote from @Bonnie Low:

    Hi, Amy. I'm not in your area, but I am launching a virtual MTR meetup you might be interested in. It's a weekly call and a collaboration space for networking and sharing resources. I see a lot of need for hosts to connect with others to share best practices, problem solve, make connections and so on in a live, interactive way so that is the purpose of this group. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining!


     I'd love the info on that!

    Hi, Nicole! I'll send you a message with the link. We'd love to have you join us.
  • Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 27 votes
    2y

    Hi @Bonnie Low,


    could you please DM the details. I'd love to join. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.