San Francisco & Sacramento MTR

San Francisco & Sacramento MTR

New to Real Estate · Bay Area California · Member since 2022 · 178 posts · 69 votes

Hello, anyone doing MYR in San Francisco or Sacramento who is willing to share their experiences ? How’s it going ? What are regulations like ? Who are your typical clients and how do they find you?

2Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
1y
Quote from @Kwanza P.:

Hello, anyone doing MYR in San Francisco or Sacramento who is willing to share their experiences ? How’s it going ? What are regulations like ? Who are your typical clients and how do they find you?


Hey Kwanza, yes, I'm doing MTR's and so are my clients. There are a lot of hospitals in Sacramento, so we're focused on those locations, tenant base are traveling nurses, x-ray techs, etc. Rents are decent, and vacancies are low. But location is everything. Be happy to chat about this anytime. 

Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Kwanza P.:

    Hello, anyone doing MYR in San Francisco or Sacramento who is willing to share their experiences ? How’s it going ? What are regulations like ? Who are your typical clients and how do they find you?


    Hey Kwanza, yes, I'm doing MTR's and so are my clients. There are a lot of hospitals in Sacramento, so we're focused on those locations, tenant base are traveling nurses, x-ray techs, etc. Rents are decent, and vacancies are low. But location is everything. Be happy to chat about this anytime. 

    Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
  • Ittai ShiuPro Member
    Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    I  just listed my first MTR in SF. FurnishedFinder is good so far, but I'll keep you posted. 

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    I highly recommend using the "Events" area of BP and meetup.com to find meetups in the Sacramento area. Local meetups are the best place to gain market insights.

  • Ittai ShiuPro Member
    Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    I'm 3 months into my first MTR, and it's going smoothly so far. One inconvenience is the payment option. I used Keycheck, which was included with FurnishedFinder. It's integrated and secure, but 1) it's taking a long time for the funds to get to me, and 2) while free to the owner, the fee that it's passing on to the tenant is quite high.

    I'd like to find an alternative for my next tenant - any suggestions?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.