Pensacola FL · Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hello everyone! My name is Paola. I have a question. I have a spare bedroom that I would like to start renting out to travel nurses or healthcare travel workes as a mid term rental. Does anyone have any recommendations of platform or website that I can promote my short term/mid term rental?
Investor · Kansas City | Austin · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 6 votes
8mo
Furnished Finder is the primary mid-term platform. If you want to get more niche, you can try to find facebook groups specifically geared toward travel nurses in your area.
That’s a great idea—travel nurses and healthcare professionals are a solid mid-term rental audience. A few platforms that work really well for that niche are:
Furnished Finder – probably the most popular platform specifically for travel nurses and healthcare professionals
Travel Nurse Housing – another niche site used by traveling medical staff
Airbnb – works well if you optimize your listing for 30–90 day stays and clearly mention “travel nurse friendly” in the description
VRBO – can also be effective for mid-term stays, especially in certain markets
Facebook groups – local travel nurse or healthcare housing groups can be surprisingly effective if you post consistently
A couple of tips that really help:
Offer flexible lease terms (30/60/90 days)
Include utilities, Wi-Fi, and a dedicated workspace
Highlight proximity to hospitals and clinics
If you ever need help setting up or optimizing your listing for mid-term stays, feel free to reach out—I work a lot with mid-term rentals and travel-nurse housing. Happy to help and good luck getting started!