I'm looking to buy shares of an LLC. The LLC is owned by a trust and a couple of investors. The trust is looking to sell 1 share to me. The owner of the trust says he'll personally guarantee my money back within 6 months if no cash flow from biz. He wants to give guarantee with a notarized memo. But he says he can't put that guarantee in the purchase agreement because the other investors wouldn't agree to it. Can he guarantee my money with the memo? does this sound fishy?
I'm looking to buy shares of an LLC. The LLC is owned by a trust and a couple of investors. The trust is looking to sell 1 share to me. The owner of the trust says he'll personally guarantee my money back within 6 months if no cash flow from biz. He wants to give guarantee with a notarized memo. But he says he can't put that guarantee in the purchase agreement because the other investors wouldn't agree to it. Can he guarantee my money with the memo? does this sound fishy?
It's not something I would do. PM me if you want to know details. Seems to me that using that money for you to have 100% ownership, using creative finance, makes a lot more sense.
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
3y
You have less than 1/2 ownership and you get your money back if they don’t give you $1 in cash flow? Wow, what could go wrong? Send me money and I will send you $1/yr as well.
I'm looking to buy shares of an LLC. The LLC is owned by a trust and a couple of investors. The trust is looking to sell 1 share to me. The owner of the trust says he'll personally guarantee my money back within 6 months if no cash flow from biz. He wants to give guarantee with a notarized memo. But he says he can't put that guarantee in the purchase agreement because the other investors wouldn't agree to it. Can he guarantee my money with the memo? does this sound fishy?
first a LLC typcially does not have shares. The way this is written is super sketchy. Not something I would consider.