Setting up a land trust owned by a WY LLC - any recommendations (Besides NCH)?

Setting up a land trust owned by a WY LLC - any recommendations (Besides NCH)?

Member since 2019 · 119 posts · 60 votes

I am interested in pursuing the legal structure of creating a land trust that owns the investment property and the land trust is within a WY LLC.
I have spoken to NCH, but I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of other companies that can help setup this structure for houses outside of WY.

Thanks in advance

**I am NOT looking for comments on why this is useless, unnecessary etc.

0Reply
57 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
2y

@Dan N.

These types of strategies is like building a conveyer belt between your home and your neighbors in order to borrow sugar from your neighbor instead of just walking there, knocking on the door and ask for sugar.

Making these overly complex strategies for real estate really adds zero benefit and just costs you extra money in the long run.

May I ask why you need such a complex structure ?

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2011 · 53 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    NCH?

  • Member since 2019 · 119 posts · 60 votes
    2y
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    @Dan N.

    These types of strategies is like building a conveyer belt between your home and your neighbors in order to borrow sugar from your neighbor instead of just walking there, knocking on the door and ask for sugar.

    Making these overly complex strategies for real estate really adds zero benefit and just costs you extra money in the long run.

    May I ask why you need such a complex structure ?

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 119 posts · 60 votes
    2y

    What a great analogy lol
    Not decided on that strategy, just researching about that specific one.

    The main reason was because a land trust can be a co signee on a conventional loan and can help with transferring the conventional loan to an LLC later one without triggering the due on sale clause

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Love @Chris Seveney's analogy. If you're bankable shop around and you will be competitive on rate and terms with banks without going through this arduous process of forming these unnecessary structures, transferring title and incurring additional transactional fees etc. Take the time, energy and resources you are allocating towards this and refocus it on the underlying real estate. You will come out ahead. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dan N.:

    What a great analogy lol
    Not decided on that strategy, just researching about that specific one.

    The main reason was because a land trust can be a co signee on a conventional loan and can help with transferring the conventional loan to an LLC later one without triggering the due on sale clause


     I recommend checking at Jay Hinrich post about land trusts and issues he has noted with them in the past. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Golden Beach Florida · Member since 2024 · 89 posts · 10 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dan N.:

    I am interested in pursuing the legal structure of creating a land trust that owns the investment property and the land trust is within a WY LLC.
    I have spoken to NCH, but I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of other companies that can help setup this structure for houses outside of WY.

    Thanks in advance

    **I am NOT looking for comments on why this is useless, unnecessary etc.

    Land trusts will be the future of property investment and ownership in the coming years. A growing number of my clients have been utilizing this niche of protection. When structured properly it can come with a property tax deduction and sometimes deferral 

    DM me if you’re still looking for assistance with land trust formations 
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    @Stuart Udis

    Following the herd off the cliff.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Lora H.:

    NCH?


     NV Corporate Headquarters. Entity Mill. 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I am a little biased but Anderson Advisors is good. Andersonadvisors.com you can ask for me as well, I am one of the senior strategist and an attorney that is also licensed in tax court. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.