How do I use (young) age as an advantage in Wholesaling

How do I use (young) age as an advantage in Wholesaling

Investor · Central CT & Rhode Island · Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm thinking my best path to getting enough money to put a down payment on my first property while simultaneously learning my local market is to start with wholesaling. I'm also 19 years old - does anyone that's young, looks young, or started when they were young have any tips or advice for someone like myself getting started in this game? I anticipate this to be my biggest challenge which is why I've asked this in my first BP forum post. 

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
4y

I would find a mentor and gain as much as you can from then.  That will help you not make the same mistakes they made and accelerate your growth immensely.  After you think you have learned enough, then you will have the confidence to go off on your own.

As an investor, I can feel the lack of confidence and I don't know any 19 year olds with no real estate experience having the confidence to quickly close a deal!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 137 posts · 115 votes
    4y

    Sure you could try knocking and walking. 

  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
    4y

    I would find a mentor and gain as much as you can from then.  That will help you not make the same mistakes they made and accelerate your growth immensely.  After you think you have learned enough, then you will have the confidence to go off on your own.

    As an investor, I can feel the lack of confidence and I don't know any 19 year olds with no real estate experience having the confidence to quickly close a deal!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Wether you get 0 deals or 100 deals stay motivated and hungry. Don’t take anything personally and build great relationships 

  • Dan SheeksPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 621 posts · 362 votes
    4y

    Hey @Paul Harris. Congrats on your ambition!

    I know a few young wholesalers who you could connect with. DM me if you're interested.

    Also, check out this book as I think it's perfect for you! www.biggerpockets.com/teen

  • Investor · MN · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 22 votes
    4y

    I'm 21. I look about 16. 

    The best way to use our age to our advantage? We can outwork the tired old 45 year olds!

    I sound confident, I speak with conviction, I know exactly what I am doing.

    When I display that to a seller, I have never been asked my age nor has it been an issue in the transaction!

    The reason you're worried about this is because you don't feel confident in yourself yet. 

    Gain confidence by learning, and more importantly taking action! You will learn the confidence, and you'll find your stride.

    Good luck man, you're gonna crush it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.