Newbie looking for advice on choosing the right market

Newbie looking for advice on choosing the right market

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am putting my lead lists together. I was hoping for some advice on what areas cash buyers are most interested. I feel like there is no use wasting energy on leads buyers do not want.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Rafael · Member since 2020 · 376 posts · 274 votes
4y

hey @Nicole Delaune, +1 to what Jim said.

There are active buyers, sellers, investors in every market in the country…  there is tons of investment activity in the sunbelt and Midwest right now, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t elsewhere in the country.

If you want to build leads lists for St. Louis, MO, I’m a buyer 😀

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 751 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nicole Delaune:

    I am putting my lead lists together. I was hoping for some advice on what areas cash buyers are most interested. I feel like there is no use wasting energy on leads buyers do not want.


     Theres buyers in just about every market. Keep in mind the more popular markets have the most people looking for seller leads too. So it's more competitive. 

  • Investor · San Rafael · Member since 2020 · 376 posts · 274 votes
    4y

    hey @Nicole Delaune, +1 to what Jim said.

    There are active buyers, sellers, investors in every market in the country…  there is tons of investment activity in the sunbelt and Midwest right now, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t elsewhere in the country.

    If you want to build leads lists for St. Louis, MO, I’m a buyer 😀

  • Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 264 posts · 212 votes
    4y

    My top market picks are:

    Houston

    Dallas/FW

    Atlanta

    Tampa

    Orlando

    Las Vegas

    Start with 1-2 markets and get to know them well, a common mistake with new wholesalers is picking too many markets too soon.

    Best of luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    There is no such thing as "leads buyers don't want". Any property (within reason) has a magic number.

    Stop worrying on which market has the most interest... as those markets will also have the most competition.  With the right mindset and strategies you will come to realize that there is no such thing as competition, but with you asking what market cash buyers are more interested it is evident to me the mindset is not yet there. This is not meant as offensive. This is just meant as offering my opinion.

    You assume you can walk into any market of your choosing and just snag deals ready for buyers to buy. That is truly not how it works. You need to establish yourself. You need to brand yourself as the best most credible buyer. You are focusing more on "disposition", assuming the "list" will magically get you acquisitions.

    Lists don't work. Many many many people will go against me and say they work.. well I promise you, they are not very smart, no analysis skills and zero common sense skills. LISTS DO NOT WORK from a strategy and system standpoint! CAN you get a deal from a list? Yes, of course you can... but do lists work? No they don't!

    You will be wasting a lot of money and effort doing so.

    .. focus on acquisitions. Dispositions are easy when you have a good deal under contract. So... do not chose a market based on ease of disposition.


    ... do you have boots on the ground? Do you have a way to protect yourself from others that will try to snag the deal from under you? Do you have a way to scan the area and make sure you know that market? 

  • Daniel PaloscioBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 228 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    I agree with @Jim Pellerin, there are buyers in every market. If you are evaluating markets, I would first look for markets that have favorable laws for wholesaling, second I would look at where the hedge funds are buying. I find that hedge funds are super active in the following markets and we fund a lot of deals for wholesalers here: FL, TX, AZ, PA, MI, GA, SC, NC, OH & IN. Of those markets, FL, TX, GA & SC are definitely the most active.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.