Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 751 votes
4y
@Juan David Maldonado I'm assuming you plan on going more than a couple of deals since you said "wholesaling business". I have and I would recommend it. The main reason is it protects you personally from any legal issues you might get involved with. It also adds credibility when doing transactions. It's fairly inexpensive to set up and may cost you a bit to do your filings.
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
If you plan on starting a business to become successful (I assume everyone does), you need to protect yourself. So yes.. get protection.. BUT that doesn't necessarily mean you need an LLC.
There are more ways to protect yourself, and it also depents on how you structure your taxes and all your businesses if you have more than one. So don't immediately say "LLC" just because you see it everywhere. Talk to an expert to figure out what sort of protection and business structure you plan to have to see what protection works best for you.