What to do when I find a deal ?

What to do when I find a deal ?

Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 6 votes

Hi everyone,

I am new to wholesaling and flipping. I am starting to work with my father who is a rehabber but has not done any flips for himself yet. Im just getting started looking for deals but have some questions about what happens next after I find a deal. 

Where should I go when I find a good deal to wholesale or flip, but dont have a private money lender available? Is there a place here where I can post the deal to have someone purchase it from me? Id hate to have a deal available and drop the ball by not having someone to connect with to facilitate it. I live in IL but also searching on the border of WI and IL for deals as well. 

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Oliver Gonzalez, 

    After you put a property under contract, If you are wholesaling it you could find buyers by:

    1) Look for recently sold flips and reach out to the sellers and ask about their experience with the flip, and whether they are interested in buying more properties.

    2) Search for recent cash sales on Propstream or Batchleads, once you've identified a list of properties, you can use skip tracing tools to find the contact information for the buyers and reach out to them directly.

    3) Networking events can be a great way to connect with potential cash buyers in your area.

    If you are flipping it: 

    Get pre-approved by a hard money lender before submitting offers. 

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Thanks for the advice. This helps a lot! Is it cool if we connect? Would like to pick you brain on a few things. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @David Ramirez:

    Hey @Oliver Gonzalez, 

    After you put a property under contract, If you are wholesaling it you could find buyers by:

    1) Look for recently sold flips and reach out to the sellers and ask about their experience with the flip, and whether they are interested in buying more properties.

    2) Search for recent cash sales on Propstream or Batchleads, once you've identified a list of properties, you can use skip tracing tools to find the contact information for the buyers and reach out to them directly.

    3) Networking events can be a great way to connect with potential cash buyers in your area.

    If you are flipping it: 

    Get pre-approved by a hard money lender before submitting offers. 


     That, and going on Facebook groups, and posting your numbers there. Those are more reliable because they are actively looking for deals. You get quantity but you also get lower quality.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.