Wholesaling in San Diego

Wholesaling in San Diego

Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 6 votes

Hello, while I build a rental portfolio in less expensive markets on the East Coast, I am also trying to get into wholesaling and fix and flips in San Diego. I joined SDCIA a couple of months ago, and those events have been useful. I am looking to connect with other San Diego investors through BP and identify ways I can add value.

2Reply
98 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 3 votes
2y

Hey Eric, I am just starting out and probably behind you as far as experience.  I would be interested in connecting and going driving for dollars/ door knocking if that is something you would be interested in.  

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · Atlanta GA · Member since 2015 · 615 posts · 225 votes
    3y

    first thing to do if you want to get into fix and flips and wholesaling is you need to set up your marketing machine that goes directly to owners. there are no deals on the MLS that will get you the margins you are looking for.

    in the end, any technique and strategy you utilize on the back end will greatly benefit from a direct to owner marketing...

  • Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Thank you, Peter, for your reply and your advice.

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hey Eric. I would love to connect and see how we can add value to one and other. I wholesale nationwide and in SoCal where I reside. 

  • Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hi, Eric. My name is Trevor and I am located in SD. I will be starting my wholesale business soon, feel free to message me and I will send you a message soon as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    2y

    @Eric Lowe to peter's point there is no deals on market and any deals from a wholesaler are marked up so much there is no meat on the bone for an investor who is trying to flip using hard money, maybe if you're all cash but 95% of investors are using hard money.  Like Peter said your best bet is to get an off market marketing campaign going where you are direct to seller.  Direct mail still works great and is how I got my last deal.  I have someone who is going to be doing some facebook ads for me as well targetting distressed sellers.

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hey Eric, I am just starting out and probably behind you as far as experience.  I would be interested in connecting and going driving for dollars/ door knocking if that is something you would be interested in.  

  • New to Real Estate · San Diego · Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 11 votes
    2y

    Hey Eric, im local to San Diego; chula vista actually.  

    I run a hvac and plumbing company but looking to get started in flipping.  

    Like the previous posts; the only deals I found were on the MLS and the price they asked for made it really hard to make money even in places like Spring Valley and Lemon Grove.

    Im open to meeting up and sharing some ideas.  I have access to hard money loans and contractors due to the nature of my biz.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi Eric,

    I do direct marketing to homeowners needing to sell in the San Diego area. There are creative ways to assist owners when buying.

    Bought my first property and ready to provide solutions to others needing to sell.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.