New to Wholesaling – Need Advice on a Deal

New to Wholesaling – Need Advice on a Deal

Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 2 votes

So, here's the situation: The seller's agent seems hesitant to fill out the contract I've provided (and hasn't even reviewed it yet). Instead, they've suggested creating a different contract for me to sign. I'm wondering if this is a potential red flag in the wholesaling world. Should I be open to filling out different purchase/sale agreements, or is it generally expected that sellers should sign my contract exclusively?

0Reply
15 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Orange County · Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 29 votes
    2y

    There should be no hesitation for an agent to have their sellers sign your contract other than 3 reasons: 

    1. The contract is bad and looks like it was from a youtube gurus free download section

    2. The offer is not appealing or the agent doesn't think you are a legit buyer

     3. Their brokerage may require a state specific contract 


    I am guessing it is the second option, with a lot of the competition I deal with most agents don't take new people seriously as their tonality, numbers, paperwork, or really just everything is off. 

    I was in the same boat a year ago where agents and sellers would be a bit weary of my offers and likely think I am wasting their time or not take the offer seriously. 

    I guess the 4th option would be a lazy agent which is actually pretty common too.  

    Happy to help with any questions or point you in the right direction. 

    Reach out to me via my website or pm! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington TX · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jack Lander:

    There should be no hesitation for an agent to have their sellers sign your contract other than 3 reasons: 

    1. The contract is bad and looks like it was from a youtube gurus free download section

    2. The offer is not appealing or the agent doesn't think you are a legit buyer

     3. Their brokerage may require a state specific contract 


    I am guessing it is the second option, with a lot of the competition I deal with most agents don't take new people seriously as their tonality, numbers, paperwork, or really just everything is off. 

    I was in the same boat a year ago where agents and sellers would be a bit weary of my offers and likely think I am wasting their time or not take the offer seriously. 

    I guess the 4th option would be a lazy agent which is actually pretty common too.  

    Happy to help with any questions or point you in the right direction. 

    Reach out to me via my website or pm! 


     I am just getting started and have not done a deal yet but my understanding is that #3 is common in my state, Texas. Not sure where the OP is from.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jackie Santana:

    So, here's the situation: The seller's agent seems hesitant to fill out the contract I've provided (and hasn't even reviewed it yet). Instead, they've suggested creating a different contract for me to sign. I'm wondering if this is a potential red flag in the wholesaling world. Should I be open to filling out different purchase/sale agreements, or is it generally expected that sellers should sign my contract exclusively?


     Impossible to answer, we do not know what your contract says? I suggest you show the deal to someone with experience and see if its even a deal. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Your question is extremely vague. It depends on what kind of contract the agent sends you. Why don’t they trust you in the first place?

    I would work on building rapport before anything.

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Why are you trying to wholesale an on-market deal?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.