For starting out wholesaling, is doing JV deals recommended?

For starting out wholesaling, is doing JV deals recommended?

Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 12 votes

For starting out wholesaling, is doing JV deals recommended?

To me, it seems like it could be helpful to work with someone else on deals and get experience, and then when looking to scale do my own deals


Any advice appreciated 


Thanks,

Kyle

0Reply
9 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kyle Aaron Beiter Jr.:

    For starting out wholesaling, is doing JV deals recommended?

    To me, it seems like it could be helpful to work with someone else on deals and get experience, and then when looking to scale do my own deals


    Any advice appreciated 


    Thanks,

    Kyle


     well do you have a deal or buyers? I assume no, so what else you going to do. Even if you find a deal, what are you going to do with it? 

  • Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    I've found one investor/team so far to work with, I guess I'm looking to work with someone who has more connections than I do and any deals that I get under contract with them then split the assignment fee

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    It depends on you to be honest.

    I am strongheaded, stubborn, I think I am invincible a bit of ego, ... a person like me would never do a JV to get started.

    But because of all those traits, I am also knowledgeable, my brain is trained to "figure it out", and I don't rely on anyone but myself.

    That said, doing a JV doesn't imply you are in any way inferior. I have students, whom I trained them to get motivated sellers, and they JV'ed them.

    And now they are rock stars.

    There is a very interesting BiggerPockets Real Estate Rookie podcast that talks about just that.

    Do a Youtube search for 

    Snag Off Market Deals WITHOUT Making Offers w/ Erik Wright

    This episode talks about the "who not how" mentality.

    Finding experts and leveraging them. 

    He did a JV and he learned from an expert how it all is done.

    I couldn't do that, but that is my weakness.

  • Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    It depends on you to be honest.

    I am strongheaded, stubborn, I think I am invincible a bit of ego, ... a person like me would never do a JV to get started.

    But because of all those traits, I am also knowledgeable, my brain is trained to "figure it out", and I don't rely on anyone but myself.

    That said, doing a JV doesn't imply you are in any way inferior. I have students, whom I trained them to get motivated sellers, and they JV'ed them.

    And now they are rock stars.

    There is a very interesting BiggerPockets Real Estate Rookie podcast that talks about just that.

    Do a Youtube search for 

    Snag Off Market Deals WITHOUT Making Offers w/ Erik Wright

    This episode talks about the "who not how" mentality.

    Finding experts and leveraging them. 

    He did a JV and he learned from an expert how it all is done.

    I couldn't do that, but that is my weakness.


     thanks man

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.