What would you do in this situation as a wholesaler?

What would you do in this situation as a wholesaler?

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Buyer is behind on mortgage.

Home is worth 254k.

Mortgage is 186k.

Very little equity there.

No liens or other outstanding incumbrances.

Would this call for a novation situation?

What would you do?

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    It depends on the condition, but if it passes a 4-point inspection, I would definitely go for a novation first because they need help with bills, so you could probably support them with that while getting a retail buyer. I would just make sure the $254k is conservative and below any other active property in the area.

    Even if it doesn't pass a 4-point inspection, you could still make it work depending on what needs to be replaced.

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Ramirez:

    It depends on the condition, but if it passes a 4-point inspection, I would definitely go for a novation first because they need help with bills, so you could probably support them with that while getting a retail buyer. I would just make sure the $254k is conservative and below any other active property in the area.

    Even if it doesn't pass a 4-point inspection, you could still make it work depending on what needs to be replaced.


     Yeah I'd really like to help them out, it's a really nice property. Doesn't need any work at all and is definitely not the highest priced home within 1 mile radius... I know for certain that it would sell at 254k...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.