Meeting wholesalers in detroit

Meeting wholesalers in detroit

Real Estate Agent · Detroit · Member since 2024 · 73 posts · 24 votes

Hey I’m going to investor

Meetups and I’m meeting wholesalers. I’m just trying to see how to leverage them using my mls. How do i find off market for them 

0Reply
43 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 922 posts · 336 votes
    1y

    @Cameron Porter If you're looking at MLS properties, try focusing on ones that have been listed for 90 days or more, or check out expired listings—those are properties that were listed by agents but didn't sell. Just know there's a lot of competition, so you'll need to stay consistent. If you're looking for a great way to find off-market properties with less competition is by using a method called Driving for Dollars. When driving for dollars, don't just focus on fixer-upper houses, pay attention to the vacant land lots that you will find.   It will speed up the process of finding no-competition deals faster.   For more details on driving for dollars, check out this article from BiggerPockets:   https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/driving-for-dollars

  • Real Estate Agent · Detroit · Member since 2024 · 73 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    I’m already an agent new in the game. So you’re saying I can wholesale property listed on the mls? I thought wholesalers only wanted off market. Whe I drive around here in Detroit there are several vacant land lots. So then what’s the fastest way to verify who owns those lots? Thanks for your insight. I’m just getting into real estate as an agent but I eventually want to be an investor. I will look into driving for dollars

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    1y

    @Cameron Porter no you can't wholesale off the MLS.

    What you can do is research opportunities for your buyers.

    There are always deals on the MLS if you know what to look for and have the time. You can also ID potential properties that seller may accept a price 10%+ below their asking price.

    You should still have my calendar access link in the DM area here, so get on my calendar if you'd like to discuss more:)

  • Lender · Across USA · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Cameron Porter:

    I’m already an agent new in the game. So you’re saying I can wholesale property listed on the mls? I thought wholesalers only wanted off market. Whe I drive around here in Detroit there are several vacant land lots. So then what’s the fastest way to verify who owns those lots? Thanks for your insight. I’m just getting into real estate as an agent but I eventually want to be an investor. I will look into driving for dollars

    Wholesalers just want discounted deals. There are gems to be found on MLS too. and yes you can wholesale on market deals. @Gerald Harris
    You can also do a double close if the agent or the seller is against wholesaling.
    Double close is a process where you first close as a buyer and turn around and close as a seller, typically within 24 hours.
    I am in metro detroit too. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

  • Real Estate Agent · Detroit · Member since 2024 · 73 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    Thank you. I appreciate it. I’ll be in touch 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.