What would wholesaling be like for a Canadian in US markets

What would wholesaling be like for a Canadian in US markets

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote

I'm extremely new when it come to real estate. I'm a second year accounting student in Ottawa ON and I have been looking into sales on assignment as a way to real way to get into the felid of real estate. I don't have that experience or too much knowledge outside of my own research. Any advice would be greatly appreciated   

1Reply
36 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ben TrageserPro Member
    Accountant · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2020 · 218 posts · 104 votes
    1y

    One thing to think about are the tax implications of being a Canadian paying US taxes. I work with a lot of foreigners investing within the US.

  • Stephen MoralesBusiness Member
    Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2025 · 402 posts · 205 votes
    1y

    The biggest thing you would have to think about is the tax implications. As an individual I believe you would have to register and get an ITIN to file a 1040-NR. Not 100% sure and this is not tax advice or legal advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.