Votes
Nathan Paterson
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
Hello BP world!

Nathan Paterson
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Apr 6 2014, 13:28

Hello BP members of RE community. My name is Nathan Paterson, and I am an active duty special operations military member currently transitioning out of the army through the long and dreadful med board process. Due to an injury that occurred overseas, my career options are limited as I head into the civilian work force. I Came across a wholesaling book after deciding to go into the real estate business with my father in law who used to have a very successful construction company. Our original plan was to flip and build, but after reading about wholesaling, it seems like a better option for me and possibly him as well (given his age).

We already own a home here at my duty station (Savannah, GA), and have a very special friend who is a real estate agent ( my bestfriend's mom--- she is a gold star mom now, sadly).

As I begin on this wholesaling venture, I realize my wife is understandably skeptical and worried at the potential return. Does anyone have any experience in the savannah, ga or surrounding markets? I see many guru's marketing it similarly to a get rich (relatively) quick scheme, but I realize that it will take loads of hard work and effort. I'm not exactly sure where to start or if I truly need a coach. I read Andrew massaro's book where he strongly suggests getting a coach, himself preferably. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Andrew Massaro? He charges about $3.5K plus 50% of the profits while in his 12 week program. Obviously at this point in my life, every dollar counts, especially when potentially starting my own business.

Also, is wholesaling a dying industry? Is there still potential to be successful in it? What would my first steps be?

I'm very excited about this and truly feel that God has pointed me in this direction. I'm a hard worker with a strong desire to succeed; I simply cannot allow myself to fail.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community here and get some advice. Any tips, words of wisdom or caution are truly appreciated. Also, any book recommendations are accepted as well; I'm engrossing myself I'm marketing and real estate wholesaling/ investing books.

Thanks,

Nate

Loading replies...