Anyone with experience in SubTo dispo strategy?

Anyone with experience in SubTo dispo strategy?

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Just locked up a really solid Subject-To deal in Palmetto, FL — strong cashflow and solid equity.

I’ve done several creative deals before, but this one I’d like to dispo properly instead of holding long-term.

Not sure what’s the best dispo route here — wrap, lease option, or JV assignment.

Anyone with experience in SubTo dispo strategy willing to share some advice or hop on a quick call?

Appreciate any insights!

0Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 9 votes
11mo

Love the response, @Ken M. This makes perfect sense when spelling it out, but I've only worked the sub2 deals that I've done by JV.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Evgeny Chentsov:

    Just locked up a really solid Subject-To deal in Palmetto, FL — strong cashflow and solid equity.

    I’ve done several creative deals before, but this one I’d like to dispo properly instead of holding long-term.

    Not sure what's the best dispo route here — wrap, lease option, or JV assignment.

    Anyone with experience in SubTo dispo strategy willing to share some advice or hop on a quick call?

    Appreciate any insights!

    I'd do a Lease Option in case there is a problem, You can evict. (only true in certain states)
    If you do a Wrap, you lose ownership and control. You have to foreclose.
    I'm not sure what your definition of a JV assignment would be, because that can mean a multitude of things.

    attention lurkers, just because a recommendation has been made, does not mean it will be implemented correctly without training.



  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11mo

    Thank you so much for your response! Have you done lease options before? Do tenants usually end up buying the house when the time comes, or do they walk away? And what option fee do you usually charge to lock in the purchase price?

  • Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    11mo

    Love the response, @Ken M. This makes perfect sense when spelling it out, but I've only worked the sub2 deals that I've done by JV.

  • Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    11mo

    Amazing breakdown @Ken M. thanks for sharing this! Really made sense, plus I’m a numbers girl! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.