Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
What is the general impression on here of companies that specialize in wholesaling? For a recent college grad, is it a good place to start and learn the ropes of wholesaling and RE investing in general? One day I want to dabble in wholesaling as well as buy and hold, and I feel like starting out with a wholesale company would be beneficial because they will teach you how the business works and probably point you in the right direction when it comes to assembling a buyers list. Also, the company shoulders the risk on deals that fall through rather than the individual.
From your experience dealing with wholesalers, would it be beneficial to start out working for a wholesaling company?
Homeowner · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 23 votes
12y
I think it might be a decent bet, but you'd probably have better luck finding a successful wholesaler in your area and maybe bird-dogging him/her leads. It's good to get into the business any way that you can, but I think you'll be able to lean more from the local guys.