Looking for a great title company in DFW (Collin County/Dallas)

Looking for a great title company in DFW (Collin County/Dallas)

Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 6 votes

Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some recommendations.

I’m based in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for a solid title company in Collin County or Dallas that’s investor-friendly and comfortable working with assignments.

I’m focused on building long-term relationships with the right people and working with a team that values clear communication, integrity, and doing things the right way.

If you’ve had a good experience with a title company in the area, I’d really appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you in advance!
Haley Garcia
Real Estate Investor | Dallas Fort Worth

1Reply
129 views

Most Popular Reply

Don KonipolBusiness Member
Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
6mo
Quote from @Haley Garcia:

Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some recommendations.

I’m based in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for a solid title company in Collin County or Dallas that’s investor-friendly and comfortable working with assignments.

I’m focused on building long-term relationships with the right people and working with a team that values clear communication, integrity, and doing things the right way.

If you’ve had a good experience with a title company in the area, I’d really appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you in advance!
Haley Garcia
Real Estate Investor | Dallas Fort Worth

What you’re asking for “investor friendly” probably doesn’t exist anymore, at least not anywhere the extent it did 25 years ago.

Smaller title insurer’s as well as independent agencies used to contain some companies that were well known to “expedite” around many title “problems” for investors that provided a significant amount of business to them.  I know as I was one such investor.  But here’s why there aren’t any title companies today that operate in the same space to anywhere near the same extent 

1. The title insurers have consolidated into 15 large insurers.  The smaller insurer specializing in investors no longer exists 
2. Tighter state regulation by the state insurance agencies that provide oversight
3. Independent agencies face tighter parameters and restrictions imposed on the, by the insurers they represent.
4. More insurer owned offices and less independent offices
5. Availability of state title information on line has centralized underwriting and in all but the smallest counties independent abstract companies have been eliminated. 

That being said there are still a few individuals who can and will do things like 
1- obtain a preliminary title report in 24 hours when everyone else is quoting 7 days
2- obtain the information necessary to insure around an old lien when nobody else want’s to bother
3- Push the limits of what an underwriter will allow in regards to things like POA, etc. 

 Good luck 
Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6mo
    Quote from @Haley Garcia:

    Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some recommendations.

    I’m based in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for a solid title company in Collin County or Dallas that’s investor-friendly and comfortable working with assignments.

    I’m focused on building long-term relationships with the right people and working with a team that values clear communication, integrity, and doing things the right way.

    If you’ve had a good experience with a title company in the area, I’d really appreciate any recommendations.

    Thank you in advance!
    Haley Garcia
    Real Estate Investor | Dallas Fort Worth

    What you’re asking for “investor friendly” probably doesn’t exist anymore, at least not anywhere the extent it did 25 years ago.

    Smaller title insurer’s as well as independent agencies used to contain some companies that were well known to “expedite” around many title “problems” for investors that provided a significant amount of business to them.  I know as I was one such investor.  But here’s why there aren’t any title companies today that operate in the same space to anywhere near the same extent 

    1. The title insurers have consolidated into 15 large insurers.  The smaller insurer specializing in investors no longer exists 
    2. Tighter state regulation by the state insurance agencies that provide oversight
    3. Independent agencies face tighter parameters and restrictions imposed on the, by the insurers they represent.
    4. More insurer owned offices and less independent offices
    5. Availability of state title information on line has centralized underwriting and in all but the smallest counties independent abstract companies have been eliminated. 

    That being said there are still a few individuals who can and will do things like 
    1- obtain a preliminary title report in 24 hours when everyone else is quoting 7 days
    2- obtain the information necessary to insure around an old lien when nobody else want’s to bother
    3- Push the limits of what an underwriter will allow in regards to things like POA, etc. 

     Good luck 
    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
    • Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 6 votes
      6mo
      Quote from @Don Konipol:
      Quote from @Haley Garcia:

      Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some recommendations.

      I’m based in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for a solid title company in Collin County or Dallas that’s investor-friendly and comfortable working with assignments.

      I’m focused on building long-term relationships with the right people and working with a team that values clear communication, integrity, and doing things the right way.

      If you’ve had a good experience with a title company in the area, I’d really appreciate any recommendations.

      Thank you in advance!
      Haley Garcia
      Real Estate Investor | Dallas Fort Worth

      What you’re asking for “investor friendly” probably doesn’t exist anymore, at least not anywhere the extent it did 25 years ago.

      Smaller title insurer’s as well as independent agencies used to contain some companies that were well known to “expedite” around many title “problems” for investors that provided a significant amount of business to them.  I know as I was one such investor.  But here’s why there aren’t any title companies today that operate in the same space to anywhere near the same extent 

      1. The title insurers have consolidated into 15 large insurers.  The smaller insurer specializing in investors no longer exists 
      2. Tighter state regulation by the state insurance agencies that provide oversight
      3. Independent agencies face tighter parameters and restrictions imposed on the, by the insurers they represent.
      4. More insurer owned offices and less independent offices
      5. Availability of state title information on line has centralized underwriting and in all but the smallest counties independent abstract companies have been eliminated. 

      That being said there are still a few individuals who can and will do things like 
      1- obtain a preliminary title report in 24 hours when everyone else is quoting 7 days
      2- obtain the information necessary to insure around an old lien when nobody else want’s to bother
      3- Push the limits of what an underwriter will allow in regards to things like POA, etc. 

       Good luck 

      @Don Konipol  Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that perspective. That actually helps put things into context.

      I’m definitely not looking for anything that cuts corners, just a solid, reliable title company that’s responsive and experienced and willing to working with investors and assignments.

      If you happen to know anyone in the DFW area who stands out in that way, I’d really appreciate it!

  • Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6mo

    Following up on this, has anyone here worked with Republic Title (Plano) or CLEAR Title and Appraisal Co. (Allen) on assignment deals specifically?

    Would love to hear any experiences, good or bad. Also open to other local options. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6mo
    Quote from @Haley Garcia:

    Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some recommendations.

    I’m based in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for a solid title company in Collin County or Dallas that’s investor-friendly and comfortable working with assignment

    Get to know attorney Scott Horn out of Garland.  He can do a lot more than just closing for you.  Owner finance guru and much more 
    Also since you are knew please understand only about 20% of your wholesale deals will close if you are good.  80% will fail.  So keep that in mind.
    Ome suggestion I have is go out and find your deals first and then find all your vendors.  No need to have all your resources lined up before you have deals.  Get that deal and then start looking for your resources to close it 


    • Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 6 votes
      6mo

      @Bruce Lynn 

      Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to share all of that!

      I’ll definitely look into Scott Horn, that’s really helpful. And I appreciate the honesty too I’m all about realistic expectations.

      That’s actually really reassuring about focusing on finding deals first. I’ve been trying to figure out how much I need lined up ahead of time, so that perspective helps a lot.

      Thanks again, I really appreciate the guidance!

  • Rental Property Investor · Garland · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 22 votes
    6mo

    Hey Haley, I have not worked with the two you mentioned but National Title Group, Dallas location has done great work for me at untangling some messy titles. 

  • Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6mo

    Sounds great, thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.