My First Dealings with A Potential Deal DFW

My First Dealings with A Potential Deal DFW

Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes

I recently posted a couple of weeks ago of how I was to approach a deal that was literally handed to me.I used bandit signs for marketing and did not expect any calls to come in. Fear got to me because I was unprepared. I did not know how to look up comps in the area that would give me accurate information. When I did contact a real estate agent to give comps, she wanted to charge an arm and a leg for it. She was also rude about it. What did I do wrong.? I did not have any buyers lined up to make this deal as quick as possible. I did not have any contracts, any legal documents from a Real Estate attorney. Needless to say, the house was contracted to another investor the next day.

This minor setback did not discourage me in anyway. It is my goal to complete at least 1 wholesale deal by the end of the year. I will continue on and reach this goal. I have learned several lessons from this. Success comes with failure. We learn from those failures to make ourselves better.

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 28 votes
12y

Way 2 go @Bara Nwokoma !

Stick to it and never give up. You are taking action and the universe rewards action.

Take what you learned from your mistakes and apply it to the next deal that comes your way.

I'm glad you didn't let this scare you away. If you ever need help with anything, let me know and I'll do what I can.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    Way 2 go @Bara Nwokoma !

    Stick to it and never give up. You are taking action and the universe rewards action.

    Take what you learned from your mistakes and apply it to the next deal that comes your way.

    I'm glad you didn't let this scare you away. If you ever need help with anything, let me know and I'll do what I can.

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Antonio Chasten

    It was definitely nerve wrecking but encouraging at the same time.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 311 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    Zig Ziglar once said "failure is an event....not a person"

    You've got to lose a deal or two to know what NOT to do.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 345 posts · 281 votes
    12y

    Did you waste your own time and money when you put up those signs if you did not have a plan for what to do?

    Did you waste the time of the people who called you?

    Will you have a plan the next time you post a sign?

    Do you know what a comparable sale is?

    Have you ever used Zillow or Redfin or Trulia and the 'recent sales' search?

    How will you be in a position to be a price intermediary between a seller and an investor if you are paying on agents to run comps for you?

    Is positive thinking the same thing as being thoughtful?

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Tom V.:
    Did you waste your own time and money when you put up those signs if you did not have a plan for what to do?

    Did you waste the time of the people who called you?

    Will you have a plan the next time you post a sign?

    Do you know what a comparable sale is?

    Have you ever used Zillow or Redfin or Trulia and the 'recent sales' search?

    How will you be in a position to be a price intermediary between a seller and an investor if you are paying on agents to run comps for you?

    Is positive thinking the same thing as being thoughtful?

    I did not waste my time and money but I did waste the seller's time. I have a set plan in place now. This was something that I should have done before hand but failed to. This situation happened about 2 weeks ago. Since then, I have taken the necessary steps to be more professional in the matter.

  • Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    I am an investor in Arlington tx, pm me so we can network.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.