Properties listed with a trustee on record, what to do if they call me back?

Properties listed with a trustee on record, what to do if they call me back?

Nottingham, MD · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 37 votes

I am starting my direct mail campaign and while searching the Maryland state records for AO's I have run across a few that are listed with an owners name and then they  are listed as a trustee. I am not 100% sure what this means for me trying to purchase it and how this works. I am researching on line real estate trustee's but I figured that this is the place to find better informed information. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Sorry if its a vague question but I'm not sure where to start on this one.

Thanks

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Can't really tell without looking at the deed trail and recorded documents. Sometimes (most  ?) a trustee will be simply the named individual (e.g. family member) who handles the asset for their relative (the beneficiary). Think Living Trust. But the trust can be an asset manager (e.g. BANK OF AMERICA NA TRUSTEE FBO Named Person).  I have no idea the 'success' rate sending stuff to trustees. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.