Person Acting On Behalf of the Buyer

Person Acting On Behalf of the Buyer

Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 1 vote

I'm trying to get a property under contract and I'm dealing with the buyers financial planner. Do I need a poa from the seller to deal with this financial planner ? Can the financial planner sign the contract on behalf of the seller ? 

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · York, UK · Member since 2013 · 895 posts · 453 votes
11y

If the financial planner says they'll be signing then yes, you need a POA. If they're just acting as an intermediary I'd ask why (confidentiality? convenience?), and do some research so you can have confidence that they are legitimate.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · York, UK · Member since 2013 · 895 posts · 453 votes
    11y

    If the financial planner says they'll be signing then yes, you need a POA. If they're just acting as an intermediary I'd ask why (confidentiality? convenience?), and do some research so you can have confidence that they are legitimate.

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    What does the financial planner have to do with the property? What's the reasoning behind them acting on the behalf of someone?

  • Homeowner · Signal Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 521 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    ask them?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.