How to Get and Understand the Contracts for Wholesaling

How to Get and Understand the Contracts for Wholesaling

Newark, OH · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I'm looking to start my real estate journey with wholesaling but I do not know how to get the contracts. If you could, please let me know how I can get my hands on all the contracts that I'll need to start wholesaling. Also, if you could please explain to me what the contracts are and how they work or refer me to somewhere that explains it. Any information on this would be awesome and much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Matthew Carr

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2014 · 328 posts · 101 votes
11y

Matthew,

Here are some links that have posts about wholesaling. Read through them and you will be able to find some great information.

Wholesale Contracts: Forum Posts

Wholesale Contracts: Blog Posts

General Wholesaling Blog Posts

For anything else, just search in the top right search bar, and you will find resources. Once you read through and identify specific questions,  turn back to the forums for advice, and people will offer there 2 cents. 

-Carson

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2014 · 328 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    Matthew,

    Here are some links that have posts about wholesaling. Read through them and you will be able to find some great information.

    Wholesale Contracts: Forum Posts

    Wholesale Contracts: Blog Posts

    General Wholesaling Blog Posts

    For anything else, just search in the top right search bar, and you will find resources. Once you read through and identify specific questions,  turn back to the forums for advice, and people will offer there 2 cents. 

    -Carson

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 688 posts · 607 votes
    11y

    @Matthew Carr all you need is a purchase and sale contract and an assignment contract. Consult an attorney they can easily write one for you. 

  • Lynnwood, WA · Member since 2015 · 95 posts · 33 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Devan Mcclish:

    @Matthew Carr all you need is a purchase and sale contract and an assignment contract. Consult an attorney they can easily write one for you. 

    There are many available on the interwebs that you can use, however this is great advice.  In order to ensure you have a valid contract, valid contingencies, etc - Pay a couple hundred to have an attorney draw one up for you.

  • Newark, OH · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Carson Sweezy @Devan Mcclish @Derrick Strope

     Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it.

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2012 · 410 posts · 337 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Carr:

    Hello,

    I'm looking to start my real estate journey with wholesaling but I do not know how to get the contracts. If you could, please let me know how I can get my hands on all the contracts that I'll need to start wholesaling. Also, if you could please explain to me what the contracts are and how they work or refer me to somewhere that explains it. Any information on this would be awesome and much appreciated!

    Thanks so much,

    Matthew Carr

     Great Question!  

    While I personally recommend and use a State contract (it's easier to sell to Realtors®!), you can certainly get some Contracts that will work.. for free right here.  

    As to how to use it, I put out a YouTube Video together to help explain how to use it, as well as present it easily to the Seller.  


    In my opinion, the best thing you can do is work on your presentation to the Seller, it will make the contract easier for them to sign! 

    Good luck and Have a Powerful Sales Day!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.