how can i find vacant property if i dont drive ?

how can i find vacant property if i dont drive ?

Germantown, MD · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 11 votes

hi i am a new real estate investor and i am having a hard time finding a property and i dont drive any advice 

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 8 votes
11y

Hey Malik,

One method you can utilize is the advance search feature on most brokerage websites. In my neck of the woods, I know I can't find, let's say 2,3,4 family homes for under $300k. If I set my max to $300k and multifamily properties start popping up, chances are they are distressed in some way. If they are grossly under what you would expect the market rate would be, chances are they may be empty and in need of serious rehabbing. I did this recently and sure enough I came across a few. Once you have identified a few online, that should cut back on how much driving around you need to do. You can plan to visit the potential prospects using mass transit. (not sure how what that looks like for you.)

But if you enjoy driving around farming neighborhoods like I do, you can rent a car using relay rides or zip car for a couple of hours. Or you can rent a bike if you don't already have one. I'm planning on buying a bike for this exact reason. Get great exercise and farm an area at the same time. And worst case scenario, you can identify pockets of neighborhoods you wan to check out and walk it. Again, burn some calories and farm, building wealth and health. Good luck.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Drone technology.

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    is there any web sites i can use that gives me name phone number and address on a property 

  • Investor · Rosebud, AR · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    internet searches find property's. you might have to team up with someone who drives for inspections and checking on properties.  your limited by travel restrictions. but there are creative ways of doing anything.

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11y

    There are other options , walk , jog , ride a bicycle , taxi , take a bus and walk . hitch hike .   

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Hey Malik,

    One method you can utilize is the advance search feature on most brokerage websites. In my neck of the woods, I know I can't find, let's say 2,3,4 family homes for under $300k. If I set my max to $300k and multifamily properties start popping up, chances are they are distressed in some way. If they are grossly under what you would expect the market rate would be, chances are they may be empty and in need of serious rehabbing. I did this recently and sure enough I came across a few. Once you have identified a few online, that should cut back on how much driving around you need to do. You can plan to visit the potential prospects using mass transit. (not sure how what that looks like for you.)

    But if you enjoy driving around farming neighborhoods like I do, you can rent a car using relay rides or zip car for a couple of hours. Or you can rent a bike if you don't already have one. I'm planning on buying a bike for this exact reason. Get great exercise and farm an area at the same time. And worst case scenario, you can identify pockets of neighborhoods you wan to check out and walk it. Again, burn some calories and farm, building wealth and health. Good luck.

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Malik, I know you heard the saying "Where there is a will, there is a way". Being a newbie to this industry, you just have to make a way to get out and find properties. One of the things that I am doing now, because I am a newbie, I have begin to speak with other people looking to make extra money on the side from bird dogging. The County where I live in South Florida, there are 37 cities, so I need extra eyes to help me locate potential deals. Start talking to your friends and family members about the neighborhoods and the communities the reside in to see if they know of anyone that may be looking to sell and/or any vacant properties that may be available. Remember it doesn't hurt to through in an extra incentive for those individuals that truly believe in what you are doing and don't mind bringing you the information.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    11y

    Hey Malik,

    You will find the answer to your question and get a lot of great information here:

    www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    I wish you great success!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.