Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Michael Gertz
  • Investor
  • Nutley, NJ
Votes |
Driving for dollars - found a place near me - whats next?

Michael Gertz
  • Investor
  • Nutley, NJ
Posted Sep 4 2015, 19:22

Hey BP'ers!

I have a house that looks to be an estate that no one is living in.  I checked the mail - yeah it was on the porch and noticed that the owner hasn't paid their water bill.  Found on NJ Parcels that no loan is registered - I assume that isn't always accurate but ok.  Called the tax office and received the latest address of the owner.  I am about to send the owner a letter offering cash for the house and try to follow the Mike q of podcast 077 negotiation but he never offers a price. I tried that in a mock scenario with my wife and she kept asking me what I am offering in which I kept repeating to her, what am I offering....wasn't working out in that scenario!..

I believe the ARV is 425k and house needs about 25k rehab just to clean up, update landscape, and some paint as the house is in great condition. I have done total rehab's so I believe the estimate is pretty accurate.

Need help here on a couple of things:

1) If he asks what I want to pay - do I go with 70% rule?  Whats best practice?

2) What documents do I need to get a legal agreement should the owner agree?

3) How can I find his number just in case the owner disregards my big bold WILL BUY HOUSE FOR CASH

Any advise on working this deal or how to get a sellers attention at the best price is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Loading replies...