Turning "No's" to cash offers into Listings

Turning "No's" to cash offers into Listings

Realtor · Glenwood Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 7 votes

    Quick background... I am a Realtor, investor, and contractor with cash and experience.  As most of you I have seen the deals become harder to find, and the money become easier to find.  I am starting my first "ugly house" direct mail campaign.  We're trying to do this right, so we are creating a landing website and plan for direct mail to be one of many lead generators.  

  The first goal is to find deals I can buy with cash and either hold or flip.  The second goal is to turn sellers who say "too low" to my cash offers into listings for my brokerage.  I can see this happening organically through the negotiation process, but I am wondering if I should market the campaign, and overall business, as such.  

  For instance, I was thinking of marketing "We can close on your house in 7 days with cash, or assist you in preparing your home for sale on the open market, whichever fits your needs better."  Very rough, I know, but it gives you the basic premise for my idea.  Not sure if it makes sense to market this way, or just let it happen organically through the negotiation process. 

  Any of you out there Realtors who juggle the buy vs. list scenario with success?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 885 posts · 359 votes
    10y

    @Scott Dillard

    I think you're really on to something here, my one suggestion is to come up with at least one more buying scenario ... you want them to take something, just design scenarios that work for you, and let it rip.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2011 · 721 posts · 343 votes
    10y

    I guess you will never know the answer until you give it a try.  Some will say that sending a single message makes more sense and doesn't confuse the seller.  While others will say that giving them a choice makes the most sense.  I say go with your gut.  Try it and see what happens.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.