Possible wholesale deal. When do I take the pictures?

Possible wholesale deal. When do I take the pictures?

Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
Hello everyone, I have a possible appointment this weekend to meet with a seller. I'm wondering if I start taking my pictures of the property on the very first walk through or after I get her to sign my contract? Thank you very much. Have a great Friday.
1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

Glad I could help! I think it adds to the professionalism quite a bit as well.  

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 242 posts · 81 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Benjamin Blackburn:

    Hello everyone,

    I have a possible appointment this weekend to meet with a seller. I'm wondering if I start taking my pictures of the property on the very first walk through or after I get her to sign my contract?

    Thank you very much. Have a great Friday.

     Hi Benjamin, my recommendation is to ask her permission on the first visit because you may not actually come back. You may even end up signing contract when you go to visit if you do your pre-work. Just take photos on your walkthrough so that if you need to start marketing that evening you've got the photos. 

  • Uriah D.Pro Member
    Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 188 votes
    10y
    I second that. I take pictures on an iPad during my initial visit, taking time to get room shots and close-ups and any problem areas I photograph and talk with the seller about. I send contracts via docusign, ideally I don't want to go back until a final walk right before purchase.
  • Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
    10y

    Defintely makes sense.  Thank you both very much.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    I show up with my camera in hand. I then ask them if they mind If I take pictures. If they ask why: "I view so many homes I need a way to keep them straight!" You should get no complaints. If its a tenant occupied home I don't take pictures of rooms with people in them. This can be challenging sometimes but I'm not going to take a picture of a shirtless guy sitting on his bed.... 

    A fellow BP member gave me some GREAT tips on my blog about photos. Check it out. 

    http://diyreiguy.com/camera/

  • Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Dossey Awesome, Thanks a lot.  I will check out the link right now.

  • Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
    10y

    @Ryan DosseyNice little post, I'll be taking my Canon T3i with me for sure now. Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Glad I could help! I think it adds to the professionalism quite a bit as well.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Jackson, TX · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 49 votes
    10y

    @Benjaminblackburn How'd your walk through go?

  • Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
    10y

    Hi @Jessica A. Smith It actually went pretty well.  The property is under contract and going through title right now.  We are waiting to get a few more documents from the seller to verify some things... As soon as we receive those and title is done we should close pretty quickly.  Thanks for asking

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.