Locating flippers/investors in your area

Locating flippers/investors in your area

Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 14 votes

Hello BP community. I do a bit of wholesaling here in central Texas, primarily Austin and the surrounding areas. I have found BP to be a wealth of information in the past, so maybe I can get some advice. Here is what I am trying to do: I want to be able to look up LLC's or individuals who have flipped or are currently flipping in a certain area. I know the traditional methods, but I need something faster.

ex: a couple weeks ago my associates and I had a house that we were having trouble moving.  Reason being,  it was out of our normal territory and we didn't have any investors familiar with that area.  I needed to find someone interested, but literally didn't have time to go drive the area before my option was up the next day. (We did get it sold, but it was still cutting it close)

Most experienced house flippers purchase under LLC's. That being said, are there any loopholes or strategies on the MLS where one can search for LLC's who have sold or purchased in a certain zip code? Under "sellers name" there is no last name option, otherwise you could literally type LLC in there and we wouldn't have this problem. Any advice is much appreciated.

1Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 155 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Luke,

    I don't think the mls has the ability to create a search query like that. I use the standard technique of looking at the solds finding the cash buyers and dig for their contact info.  You can search by cash purchases. That may help you weed through the solds in your area.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Luke CalhounI have searched Meetups.com for investing groups in the area, look to see who is coordinating the meetup and reach out to them. I have done this with a property in East Texas and I was able to get the information I needed and I was able to post the property on their message board.

  • Investor · Longview, TX · Member since 2012 · 631 posts · 186 votes
    10y

    @Luke Calhounas @James McDaniel has said. The Meet-Ups are a great way to connect.  Bigger Pockets has a benefit of Pro where you can search for members anywhere including by zip code.   You will find investors that way also 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.