What is best demographic for wholesaling?

What is best demographic for wholesaling?

Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 369 posts · 75 votes

What demographic have you had the most success in wholesaling?

Do you find more success when trying to wholesale in neighborhoods that have the "Average House?"
If the average house in your town is 3 bdrm, 1.5 bth, 2 car gar, at $150,000 then would neigborhoods that fit that criteria be the best place to target?

Or, are low income neighborhoods?
$50,000 or less.

What about areas that are mostly rental properties?

0Reply
111 views

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y

    Low to middle income areas are the best IMHO.

    And don't shizzle my nizzle yo dizzle.

  • Real Estate Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2008 · 190 posts · 91 votes
    17y

    I should clarify that the area I refer to as "the hood" is not a war zone. It's probably the worst neighborhood in Tampa (Sulphur Springs), but there are no bullets whizzing by, or anything like that. It's definitely low income, but not a war zone. I go there by myself during the day and feel safe.

    Lots of money to be made in these neighborhoods- you just have to do some digging to find out who is buying in these areas, and then hunt them down.

    Fo Shizzle.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 403 posts · 109 votes
    17y

    Steph,

    I don't think Sulpher Springs is the worst area of Tampa. I attended 7th grade smack dab in the middle of the projects. Now that was an experience.

    But SS isn't too nice, either.

    Damn it feels good to be a gangster...

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    17y

    Chris, North Heights is the only area that I will NOT buy at in Amarillo. There is no retail or rental market, and accordingly there are extremely few investors who will buy over there.

    There are a couple other areas around the Heights that you need to be very cautious of. Wild Horse Lake is one of them. You need to make sure they are just stupid deals if you are buying in those outlining areas. Just to give you an idea, the last time I bought a house in one of those borderline war zone areas, I paid $2,000 for it.

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 369 posts · 75 votes
    17y

    Yeah, they might have to pay me to take it off of their hands! Considering, I would have to pay for body removal and such. :shoot:

  • Real Estate Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2008 · 190 posts · 91 votes
    17y

    Hi Andrew,

    It's pretty rough in there. If it's not the worst, I'd say it's a close 2nd, no?

    Steph

  • Specialist · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 140 posts · 14 votes
    17y

    Our homes are at a medium price range of about 175-180k. Are Hoods are at about 10-25k. The great deals over here are between 25-45k with a Fair Market Value of anywhere between 90-120k. You can get the 10-25K all day (and night!) but for a little more you can have great cash flow as well as a neighborhood that your tenants don't need to ware bullet proof vest!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.