Seller questions

Seller questions

Grove City, OH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes

When looking for good deals to place under contract, what are some good questions to ask the seller? (From an investors point of view.)

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
10y

Pretend like you are confident until you can build your confidence.


Franklin

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    10y

    Motivation is the biggest factor for me.

    "Mr. Seller, why are you interested in selling, I mean this seems like a good piece of property?"

    Timing is also another one.

    "Mr. Seller, if we can pay X amount of money for your property and buy it within X amount of time, would you be interested in selling right away?"

    Everything else is bonus

    If the property needs work, etc, etc.

  • Grove City, OH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Okay, Thank you this all sounds great!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    There are some really good threads here about this subject. A search should find them. 

    • What are you trying to achieve here?
    • What are you going to do if you can't sell the property?
    • Do you  need to get any money out of this or do you just want to get the property out of your name?
    • Is it important to sell quickly?
    • If I could pay you more money would you be willing to accept payments over times? 
    • Do you owe any money on the house?
  • Grove City, OH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Ned Carey okay thank you, I will try and look a few up

  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    10y

    The ability to build rapport quickly and mirror the seller is key to putting deals together.  


    Franklin

  • Grove City, OH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Franklin Romine Yes I agree, I think that is something I would build over time. Once I become comfortable with speaking to the seller.

  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    10y

    Pretend like you are confident until you can build your confidence.


    Franklin

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.