Wholetail Deal VIA Subject-To Complications??

Wholetail Deal VIA Subject-To Complications??

Wholesaler · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 149 votes

Hey Guys,

I'm under contract to buy a house for $143k via subject to. I will then immediately list it on the MLS and resell to an owner occupant for $175k (conventional or cash only). I give my closing agent the green light to close and she gives me a shocked/confused response. "You do know that if you buy this on subject to and try to resell 20 days later, the chain of title is going to stop the deal from going through..." UMMMM what's chain of title??

It's a good deal and SUPER easy to sell, but should I be closing on this another way instead of subject-to? I've never done a creative finance deal before so I'm super nervous about it and a part of me wants to let the deal go, but then how else am I going to expand my knowledge of real estate and deal-making. What would you do?

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    I know of no seasoning requirements for conventional, and certainly none for cash.....this would only possibly be a lender concern, not a concern from a title perspective.  While they may be in the business, title people can have some misguided/whackadoo ideas sometimes.  To verify, ask a lender.

  • Wholesaler · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 149 votes
    10y

    @Wayne Brooks That was exactly my thought. I can stay safe if I allow only conventional or cash plus resell for no more than 20%. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    @Ana G.  There's no 20% restriction, only for FNMA reo resales.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.