Are Bandit Signs still Bringing in Property Leads

Are Bandit Signs still Bringing in Property Leads

Flipper/Rehabber · Waterbury, CT · Member since 2011 · 14 posts · 13 votes

Hey everyone, I'm writing this post to see how bandit signs are working for other investors throughout the country and if there even still working.. I have done many wholesale deals through getting leads from bandit signs over the past 4 years but I would say in the last year I have been getting less calls on my signs.. I live in Connecticut.  I'm thinking the public is getting use to seeing WE BUY HOUSES signs everywhere and starting too think this is a scam.  Or sellers are listing the properties with agents because the market is starting to rebound.. What are you thoughts and feedback from your areas? 

1Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 137 votes
10y

Depends on the neighborhoods you are advertising in.  

If you are advertising in the same neighborhoods as you were four years ago, then maybe the market conditions are different now.  The deals have gone and the values have raised.  Nobody would be interested in selling their low-equity house for cash because either they don't need to, or don't want to.

Be sure to place bandit signs in areas where people are most willing to sell quickly and in as-is condition.  Areas with abandoned homes, under-maintenanced homes, or aging populations might be prime for deals.

I personally don't like the messaging on most bandit signs.  "I buy houses, we buy houses, etc." They print nicely, but the message isn't worded appropriately. 

I am taking cues from How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.  Does anybody really have an interest in what you do?  They are more interested in themselves.  A better message would be "Fast Cash for Your Home Today!"  "No Repairs - Sell Today!"  "Close Your House in Days!"  "Sell Your Home Without Fees!"

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 137 votes
    10y

    Depends on the neighborhoods you are advertising in.  

    If you are advertising in the same neighborhoods as you were four years ago, then maybe the market conditions are different now.  The deals have gone and the values have raised.  Nobody would be interested in selling their low-equity house for cash because either they don't need to, or don't want to.

    Be sure to place bandit signs in areas where people are most willing to sell quickly and in as-is condition.  Areas with abandoned homes, under-maintenanced homes, or aging populations might be prime for deals.

    I personally don't like the messaging on most bandit signs.  "I buy houses, we buy houses, etc." They print nicely, but the message isn't worded appropriately. 

    I am taking cues from How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.  Does anybody really have an interest in what you do?  They are more interested in themselves.  A better message would be "Fast Cash for Your Home Today!"  "No Repairs - Sell Today!"  "Close Your House in Days!"  "Sell Your Home Without Fees!"

  • Real Estate Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    We get some calls from bandit signs, but what works the most is direct mailing. 

     Good Luck with it!!!!!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Waterbury, CT · Member since 2011 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Hey Keith Goodwine, thanks for replying.. I am placing the bandit signs in the most popular intersections in my city. I think I would give a try on changing the messaging like you said.. And How To Win Friends And Influence People is one of my favorite books..

  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I have had some bandit signs out for months without a single call. I have them all over roughly half of my county.

    Definitely not ordering bandit signs again. Wish I knew why they don't work!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.