Banker · Chapin, SC · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 5 votes
What benefit does a wholesale gain from having a relationship with a Realtor? Other then them having access to the MLS, what do they bring to the table for me if all I'm going to do is assign the contract and move on...? Wouldn't they basically just be another bird dog...
Wholesaler · Mishawaka, IN · Member since 2013 · 438 posts · 346 votes
10y
@Bradley Bladon The value of a realtor is their connections, experience, and the fact that if you make an offer on a property listed in the MLS, you need them to do so. You can't make offers on an MLS listed property without an agent. Plus, they might come across deals that haven't hit the MLS yet, so you get first crack at it. And then when it hits the MLS, it'll be sold immediately with you as the buyer. Agents have to work their butts off, for a lousy 3% commission, and they have to pay for almost everything involving them being an agent out of their own pocket.
Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
10y
Do you have a list of cash buyers? If not you can use the agent to find all the cash buyers for any property in the neighborhood you are buying in. Have them pull a list of all the cash buyers for the last 3 years and more than likely they are investors.
Banker · Chapin, SC · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 5 votes
10y
@Account Closed
Thanks, good advice on both. I'm putting together an email that I'm going to send to some Realtors that I know personally and see if they are game...
I thought I read a blog on here once where the writer had an email that they used to send to realtors w/ a link but I recall the link being dead...anybody know the article I'm talking about...